Crusher tackle?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Crusher tackle?

Post by ian.birchall »

Is Mago, despite or perhaps because of his yellow card, facing a ban for what Bilko and Mills suggested was a crusher tackle?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
pedro

Re: Crusher tackle?

Post by pedro »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:19 pm Is Mago, despite or perhaps because of his yellow card, facing a ban for what Bilko and Mills suggested was a crusher tackle?
yes
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We couldn’t see it from where we were ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Mago is starting to make more impact on the game now. We’ve got saints in 2 games times and you can bet Paul Cullen will be rubbing his hands together. No previous bans for mago but u can see a 2 game ban from a mile away
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

No ban!
Back by demand.
pedro

Post by pedro »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:40 pmNo ban!
lucky boy, thought he deserved one
WAS

Post by WAS »

Thought the officials yesterday were a disgrace. Wigan were well off the pace and Wakefield deserved the win but jeez Griffiths and co were shocking.
Couple of shockers that stand out. NO officials seen Mago’s crusher yet Wakey got a penalty and Mago goes I n the bin. NO officials seen the Harry Smith injury incident and gave nothing. Tanginoa today gets a 3 match ban. So poor
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WAS wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:54 pm Thought the officials yesterday were a disgrace. Wigan were well off the pace and Wakefield deserved the win but jeez Griffiths and co were shocking.
Couple of shockers that stand out. NO officials seen Mago’s crusher yet Wakey got a penalty and Mago goes I n the bin. NO officials seen the Harry Smith injury incident and gave nothing. Tanginoa today gets a 3 match ban. So poor
No one saw the high tackle on French but gave a knock on. French was furious at the touch judge!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:56 pm
WAS wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:54 pm Thought the officials yesterday were a disgrace. Wigan were well off the pace and Wakefield deserved the win but jeez Griffiths and co were shocking.
No one saw the high tackle on French but gave a knock on. French was furious at the touch judge!
Shortly after, the same touch judge gave an obstruction on the kick chase against Halsall when there was no actual, physical contact. Every week we get pinged for offside/hand on ball/holding down more times than the opposition so a) Peet needs to sort out our discipline or b) Officials are reffing one side only.

I'd really like to see some stats on this as I may have my cherry and white glasses on :)
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:19 pm Is Mago, despite or perhaps because of his yellow card, facing a ban for what Bilko and Mills suggested was a crusher tackle?
i watched in on the SL show last night

nothing in it for me

there are far too many incidents now where the attacker is backing into a tackle, and thus forcing the crusher type tackle. Wigan had 3 men in the tackle and were pushing the attacker back, and he goes to ground also turning his body. I know some may argue that the onus is on the defenders, but if the attacker does that deliberately, then the refs need to smarten up on that

as others have commented, no penalty given, until the ref saw the player stay down (and then miraculously get back up uninjured) and then 10 in the bin.