FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Post Reply
Wigan Watcher
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 pm
Contact:

FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I'm sure most of us saw the Brilliance of French against Wakey.. It was unbelievable how he made that try. There is no one in Super League who could have dont that.

Up the offer and please keep this amazing player.


josie andrews
Posts: 31236
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by josie andrews »

And he was marked the whole game as was Jai Field & Liam Marshall.

That’s why Liam Marshall sometimes goes under the radar but we should have others in the team to rely on to win games not just them who will more often than not be marked.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by Wigan Watcher »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:42 am And he was marked the whole game as was Jai Field & Liam Marshall.

That’s why Liam Marshall sometimes goes under the radar but we should have others in the team to rely on to win games not just them who will more often than not be marked.
I know everyone has their own views. Mine is we are a two/three man team and without them we are very much a mid table team.


josie andrews
Posts: 31236
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:42 am And he was marked the whole game as was Jai Field & Liam Marshall.

That’s why Liam Marshall sometimes goes under the radar but we should have others in the team to rely on to win games not just them who will more often than not be marked.
I know everyone has their own views. Mine is we are a two/three man team and without them we are very much a mid table team.
That is what I was referring to.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by Wigan Watcher »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:47 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:42 am And he was marked the whole game as was Jai Field & Liam Marshall.

That’s why Liam Marshall sometimes goes under the radar but we should have others in the team to rely on to win games not just them who will more often than not be marked.
I know everyone has their own views. Mine is we are a two/three man team and without them we are very much a mid table team.
That is what I was referring to.
Yes I see that, I just didnt think many people would stick their necks out and say we are a two/three man team but in my humble opinion we are!


josie andrews
Posts: 31236
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:49 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:47 am
Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am

I know everyone has their own views. Mine is we are a two/three man team and without them we are very much a mid table team.
That is what I was referring to.
Yes I see that, I just didnt think many people would stick their necks out and say we are a two/three man team but in my humble opinion we are!
I sometimes stick my neck out a bit too often 😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:42 am And he was marked the whole game as was Jai Field & Liam Marshall.

That’s why Liam Marshall sometimes goes under the radar but we should have others in the team to rely on to win games not just them who will more often than not be marked.
I know everyone has their own views. Mine is we are a two/three man team and without them we are very much a mid table team.
Marshy, French and field are the most influential players that’s a fact but to say we are a 3 man team, no.
Faz has been brilliant this year, Smith plays his part yes he can blow hot and cold, Cust before his injury was good at creating space. The forwards we have brought in have made a difference, they would be even better with a better hooker at the PTB not a dig at Powell I just think they would be…
Blackpool_Pie
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

If KPP could add some consistency I think he could be up there with match winners as well. He definitely has something completely different about his game
Big Steve
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: FRENCH BRILLIANCE

Post by Big Steve »

Take Roby, welsby and Walmsley out of Saints and they would.be below par too.

We have 3 exceptional players but more importantly we have 3 very entertaining players. There are very few players in SL if any who have that 'edge of seat' feeling as soon as they get the ball.

If this is what being a 3 man team is I'm all for it !😉

They provide the majority of the entertainment, but there's alot to like about the rest of the squad too. Smith has come on amazingly since being seen as a failure at the start of the season. Our forwards are far better now than anytime in recent years. We actually offload.

Really our main are of weakness is in the centres.

Every team has their key players and not all are stars, it's just that ours are far brighter than most.
Post Reply