Jake Bibby praises Matty Peet for doing 'one of the best jobs ever' in getting the club back involved wi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Jake Bibby praises Matty Peet for doing 'one of the best jobs ever' in getting the club back involved wi

Post by josie andrews »

Jake Bibby has praised Wigan Warriors head coach Matty Peet for the way he has reconnected the club with the community.

Throughout this season, the first team squad have played an active role in meeting the fans and welcoming them to Robin Park Arena.

The most recent of these events was an opening session last week, which Bibby believes will help to inspire the next generation of rugby league players.

He said: “I think Matty Peet has done one of the best jobs ever in bringing that community feel into the club.

When I was growing up as a fan, you had the players coming down to the amateur clubs and you went down to the camps, there was no better feeling.

“It not only gets kids coming round, it gets families involved.

“It makes you want to be a Wigan player because you see what it is like. They just treat you like a mate and it’s one big family.

“I know when I was younger I would’ve loved throwing a rugby ball about with my favourite Wigan players."

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ty-3807468
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan