Wigan sign Toby King for 2023

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan sign Toby King for 2023

Post by DaveO »

Going back to King we definitely need at least one centre for next season and in fact it’s a pity he can’t join now. The one negative from the Saints win was Isa shooting out of the defensive line (did it at least three times) which he does nearly every time he plays centre. He’s also too slow to be effective on attack. Ironically Bibby is equally prone to shooting out of the line.

I am not convinced Thornley will play again or if he does will last more than five minutes. A very poor signing.

So let’s hope King is happy to be here and reacts like Cooper who looks a great signing. Would I be happy to see another experienced centre join? Yes I would but I can’t see it. The club will expect Thornley to be fit and it will go with King, Thornley and Halsall in my opinion next season.

The interesting question is what happens the season after? King is a one year loan, Thornley must surely be ready to retire by then so again we will need to be recruiting centres (with the caveat I have not idea if we have a top prospect from the academy to come in).