Wigan sign Toby King for 2023

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Flash

Re: Wigan sign Toby King for 2023

Post by Flash »

Jonh wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:30 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:49 pm
CobraCraig wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:27 pm

It’s widely rumoured that Wardle is a done deal signing for us.
Two left centres?

King is a natural right sided centre.
He can play on the right Jon, but the man himself says his preferred side is on the left
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Maybe if it's a done deal and I hope it is they would have announced it. I cant see why they wouldn't as they did with Cooper and now King

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

After watching the Leeds v Huddersfield game last night, King had a very poor game for me. I couldn't see a glimmer of a good centre, he seemed lost in position, poor in defence and never looked like a threat in attack. He did one good run and an off load.. Maybe Wigan think that they can do something with him and develop him. I dont agree with that, he is 26 years old and he should be in a period of his career where he is slightly changing his style as he matures not developing into a good centre.

Zakooo

Post by Zakooo »

After watching last nights match king WTF. And cheats should get 6 match’s out. Soon stop it. I agree with Phil Clarke totally.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

King isn’t in good form but the club acknowledge that themselves. There is a good player there but he and the club will need to find it. A good pre season will do him the world of good. The fact it’s a loan deal only will really keep him on his toes. The last time he was playing for a contract the following year, he was absolutely superb.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Why would be sign a british player who is constantly not performing is behold me.

Like I've said sub-standard are now acceptable by many supporters. But I do respect these supporters because they honestly think the club get it right and find positives in everything the club does.

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I cant believe people are more outraged at us signing King on loan than they were about signing Thornley permanently, the king deal is win win for Wigan, If he performs well it helps us, if he doesn't we aren't tied to him & we'll have no loyalties to him so can bring Halsall in for more game time if he isn't performing.

I personally believe he will get back to his best at Wigan.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Simply it counts on our salary cap. A player playing poorly.
Enough said

Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:50 pm Simply it counts on our salary cap. A player playing poorly.
Enough said
That’s true but finding a quality centre in the UK is extremely difficult.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:25 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:50 pm Simply it counts on our salary cap. A player playing poorly.
Enough said
That’s true but finding a quality centre in the UK is extremely difficult.
It being difficult to find a good centre doesnt mean we accept a bad one!
If he continues to perform the way he has been doing then he is no good to us. Surely we have better options than Mr King at Wigan.