Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Always liked Thaler . Hicks has been good since SOL retired from playing . Never really saw eye to eye those two lol .

:lol: :D :lol: :D

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 am
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:41 pm Avoiding Liam moore is massive
Dead right,I’ve a soft spot for Thaler and Hicks to be fair,best of them for my money
Same with thayler
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I liked Thaler as a referee but that was a truly awful display last night. Saints could lie on all night as far as he was concerned - he missed Roby's knock-on that nearly cost us a try - missed (or ignored) virtually every high shot and really insultingly, when Roby pulled (can't remember who's) leg when he got up to play the ball, Thaler did a 'dive' mime - the sort of thing that if a player did it, would be a penalty. Really poor refereeing.
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:59 am I liked Thaler as a referee but that was a truly awful display last night. Saints could lie on all night as far as he was concerned - he missed Roby's knock-on that nearly cost us a try - missed (or ignored) virtually every high shot and really insultingly, when Roby pulled (can't remember who's) leg when he got up to play the ball, Thaler did a 'dive' mime - the sort of thing that if a player did it, would be a penalty. Really poor refereeing.

Visited the dark side, ( the red V forum ) this morning for a bit of light relief and they are saying the exact same thing about Thaler. They don’t think he should ever ref them again. What l think upset them most was Wigan actually got some 50 / 50 decisions last night and they aren’t used to it.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I didn't think Thaler was too bad last night; he was a bit lax on lying on etc I agree, but maybe in the interests of letting the game flow... The unpunished ankle pull on Marshall (?) was a pen all day long, and a poor decision.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Robys in the refs ear constantly and not one ref has the balls to stand up to em ,the game is reffed for the armchair viewer not those on the terraces
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

I thought Thaler had a decent game last night
He kept pinning saints back and wouldn’t let them try their usual tactics
There were a few minor incidents but overall I thought he let the game flow unlike I’m on telly and I want to be noticed Kendall and child
wigans turning blue- my arse