WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WIGAN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
archiekeith

Re: WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WIGAN

Post by archiekeith »

I didn't feel your post was silly It was a fact the only opinion you gave WW is your prerogative on this forum
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’s an opinion which the the poster is entitled to make so far from a “ridiculous”as it sparks debate.

I feel Wigan bar Miski and Thornley (and there’s plenty of time for Miski to shine through)the club have signed well..Cust is very good,I love watching Ellis and Mago and the retention of Field was great business now if French would say yay to a new deal alls good in the hood.

King and I said this elsewhere is a player I barely remember him playing against Wigan,he must have done but if Peet can unlock whatever is stopping him becoming a good player then it’s good news.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Let's all be grown up enough to have our own views and disagree with those of others without getting personal. If you don't agree with a post just ignore it or comment on the content of the post rather than your opinion of the poster. We all support the same team and want them to be successful. We have to accept that some of us have a positive outlook and some of us don't. Don't get involved in making personal comments on a rugby league forum, there are more important things happening in the world.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

What ever you want to call it, I'll say attack a poster on here is a common thing.
We seem to constantly be asking to stop doing this but people continue to do it.

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:23 am King & Cooper are great signings in my opinion, retaining Field was a great signing, Cust has been a breath of fresh air and we have one of if not THE best academy producing talent. If French re-signs then its brilliant, if he doesn't, the club have still recruited well in the past 12 months and I would be all in all happy with the business we'd have done and the calibre of player we have signed, bar the odd exception which in my opinion is Thornley & Miski
I agree maybe just the question mark over king but time will soon tell.
The last two years has probably been our best recruiting in a long time. Ok some players like Hastings and burgess haven’t worked out but that’s life.
Remember the days when we brought players in like lauaki and Patrick?!?
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:31 pm What ever you want to call it, I'll say attack a poster on here is a common thing.
We seem to constantly be asking to stop doing this but people continue to do it.

It is ridiculous.

You have posted an opinion. In return my opinion is it is ridiculous. I am allowed an opinion too. Just because it’s contrary to yours I’m not attacking you.

On the other King thread which clearly instigated this thread you posted something similar talking about these wonderful signings of years gone by, all the players you mentioned came from other clubs and went on to improve at Wigan.

Also the players you mentioned all came from a totally different era where there was no cap. In that regard it’s like comparing apples and cricket bats.

We currently have the 2 most exciting players in the comp in our team and you don’t seem to be happy!!

Like I said, I find that to be ridiculous.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

There has been and still is a lot of money wasted on players bought and players retained. We have had players who have had good money given to them to never feature for Wigan.
I know some people will say that they may have come good but I will tell you the club has given good money away to many times to players then realise they have made a mistake and offloaded them at a cost.

If, just if this was minimalised we could have money to buy better players.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Isn't it always going to be the case that some players succeed and some don't? I'm not saying that mistakes haven't been made, but it's a lot easier identifying the George Burgesses with hindsight.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:08 pm Isn't it always going to be the case that some players succeed and some don't? I'm not saying that mistakes haven't been made, but it's a lot easier identifying the George Burgesses with hindsight.
Yes you are right, the George Burgess was a very big mistake and cost us, but we dont seem to learn. We signed Thornley and that too was a big mistake. The home work done on him before he signed didnt stack up. He was impeded with mobility but Wigan disregarded with what was put in front of them ( well the people with the cheque book did) People at the club were shaking their heads but could only say so much.

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Jonh wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:58 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:31 pm What ever you want to call it, I'll say attack a poster on here is a common thing.

It is ridiculous.

You have posted an opinion. In return my opinion is it is ridiculous. I am allowed an opinion too. Just because it’s contrary to yours I’m not attacking you.

On the other King thread which clearly instigated this thread you posted something similar talking about these wonderful signings of years gone by, all the players you mentioned came from other clubs and went on to improve at Wigan.

Also the players you mentioned all came from a totally different era where there was no cap. In that regard it’s like comparing apples and cricket bats.

We currently have the 2 most exciting players in the comp in our team and you don’t seem to be happy!!

Like I said, I find that to be ridiculous.
What a ridiculous post.

Playing in a salary capped sport, including players like French and Field and you post this nonsense.

If you took the time out you would find that I have championed both Field and more so French.

So I must point out you are wrong. Not just me but other people also thought your comments were attacking. May I suggest you consider what and how you post replies.

Everyone has their own opinions please respect them