Match Preview: St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Match Preview: St Helens

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:13 pm I've got a feeling it's going to go tits up soon, really hope I'm wrong
Egg on face!!😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

saint wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:44 pm Congratulations guys . Totally deserved .
One thing was evident . Your team wanted to ensure you won at all cost !

I thought we were gutless and that’s what hurts not the score or the result .
Some of the comment on here are totally right. .you got into welsby from the off , dominated our middle which I never thought I’d say . I seen nothing but effort for your team , we were soft and heartless , unacceptable and disappointing from our point today view

Ive seen us play well twice this year but never seen us be so submissive and that’s something I ain’t seen since Cunningham .

Your team has played like you want your team to play in a Derby , so respect for that !

Enjoy your night and we’ll done
Thank you for the well deserved praise 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

saint wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:44 pm Congratulations guys . Totally deserved .

Some of the comment on here are totally right. .you got into welsby from the off , dominated our middle which I never thought I’d say . I seen nothing but effort for your team , we were soft and heartless , unacceptable and disappointing from our point today view

Ive seen us play well twice this year but never seen us be so submissive and that’s something I ain’t seen since Cunningham .

Your team has played like you want your team to play in a Derby , so respect for that !

I don’t agree, I thought your team gave it everything they had. They are relentless, they just keep coming. What you are lacking is speed. Makinson and Hopoate may help with that.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

The clowns over the hill need to realise that nothing lasts forever!👍
Got battered in the pack and when matched for sledging tricks couldn't handle it.🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I'm sorry but this is so backhanded.

The simple fact is saint where not allowed to build momentum by wigan and the mistakes happened when you where under pressure.

The same has happened in every game you've lost its just very rare for you not to be on the front foot with momentum in games.

Not that you have above but don't worry the media is blaming your injuries while ignoring your oppositions injuries.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:30 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:13 pm I've got a feeling it's going to go tits up soon, really hope I'm wrong
Egg on face!!😂
It was a cunning plan :D
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What do people think about KPP at centre I’m not to sure I think Bateman helps him out a bit.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:27 am What do people think about KPP at centre I’m not to sure I think Bateman helps him out a bit.
I think he was superb like everyone else in a Wigan shirt. As for Bateman helping him out that's what good teams do work together for each other all over the field. Why are you trying to bring a negative about the lad onto probably one of best wins for a long time at home.😒😔
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Cooper was superb last night, always making good hards and pushing through the defence, also nice to see him ring Sironen's bell :)

Thought Thaler was OK, at least he penalised folk crowding into the PTB area, something other refs have forgotten.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

So how did the game pan out.
First of all absolutely fantastic beating snakes. The commitment was out of the top draw and it was this more than anything else that won us the match.

Commitment was fantastic but our ability was very poor, we were dominated in the first half and snakes totally dominated the second half. It was fantastic how we hung on time and time again they put their bodies on the line and I cant praise them enough for bringing such happiness to us all. Yet again with the exception of Cooper our forwards just dont have the go forward. We played the second half with wave after wave of them coming at us. Peet swerved around saying his true thoughts on camera and rightly so as he didn't want to take away from the celebrations. I want to avoid saying if it wasn't for them three we would not have won but there are the facts.
Our forwards are a worry if we meet snakes again and I cant suggest how to fix it this year.
Well done lads there are some very tired and bruised bodies this morning