TARGET HURRELL

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

TARGET HURRELL

Post by Wigan Watcher »

We must copy Salford and target Hurrell. His defence is poor as he has not got the best mobility turning around. Brilliant going in one direction(forward) but it takes him a month of Sundays to change direction. Salford obviously worked that one out so let's copy them.

CheshireWarrior

Re: TARGET HURRELL

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Can't see Stains having, possibly the casual approach or 'off day' (whichever) they had at Salford. Very optimistic of the right result though! 🍾 🥂
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

I think you’re right! We should be looking to run around him wherever possible and catch him on his heels.

He’s so dangerous in attack though so really need to wrap him up and close him down early. Might help that out centres like to run out of the line a bit, just can’t let him offload though.

Truth be told they’ve got plenty of quality all over the field (despite their apparent injuries) so it should be a cracking game!
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:11 pm We must copy Salford and target Hurrell. His defence is poor as he has not got the best mobility turning around. Brilliant going in one direction(forward) but it takes him a month of Sundays to change direction. Salford obviously worked that one out so let's copy them.
Sorry but for a moment then I thought that you were suggesting that we try to buy him. I must turn my brain on before I read anything.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Now theres a thought :roll:

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Said same thing though I don't think his footwork and lateral movement are bad and would say he's got decent tackle technique allied to plenty core strength. I don't though think he's a good defender.
We should be asking questions down his edge he will get wrong answers. He's got a good D winger outside him to help mind.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

Levrier wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:58 pm
Wigan Watcher wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:11 pm We must copy Salford and target Hurrell. His defence is poor as he has not got the best mobility turning around. Brilliant going in one direction(forward) but it takes him a month of Sundays to change direction. Salford obviously worked that one out so let's copy them.
Sorry but for a moment then I thought that you were suggesting that we try to buy him. I must turn my brain on before I read anything.
His name is not Latrell Mitchell so I don’t think WW would be satisfied.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:37 pm Said same thing though I don't think his footwork and lateral movement are bad and would say he's got decent tackle technique allied to plenty core strength. I don't though think he's a good defender.
We should be asking questions down his edge he will get wrong answers. He's got a good D winger outside him to help mind.
I think Makinson May swop wings.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

The rumour is that Makinson will not play tonight. I hope that doesn’t encourage us to throw the ball around before we have done the hard work down the middle.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:44 pm The rumour is that Makinson will not play tonight. I hope that doesn’t encourage us to throw the ball around before we have done the hard work down the middle.
Correct.