Wigan v St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Wigan v St Helens

Post by DaveO »

Great entertainment and what defence. The racket in the ground after Wigan had defended I think it was four sets was defeating. Marshall’s try was a killer after all that pressure. I have scraped the skin off my shin from the seat in front jumping up and down as he flew by. Brilliant.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan v St Helens

Post by fozzieskem »

Can't add any more than that other than I've lost my voice :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

My son brought a mate to his first RL game tonight. Had a great time.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Line speed was probably the best I've seen from us this season. Scrambling defence also very, very good.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We need to go up a gear to win the GF. We got done with two soft tries, that is Lussicks only move and we were not tight enough at the ptb. The move down the short side was one that Saints have thrown at us umpteen times and we need to be more switched on.

Also, Lomax is their conductor in chief and he will regularly stand behind the ptb, weigh up the defence and then take the ball to the side that creates an overlap. Field needs to do the same rather than defending in the line.

Having said that we were deserved winners.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

What a game how could you pick a man of the match out of that. They all deserve a mention. That's made our weekend 😁😁👏👏👏well done lads
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Play the reserves at Hull rovers give em all the week off,great effort that against a good side,after magic weekend were we should have won we were never losing that lead we had this time.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:43 am We need to go up a gear to win the GF. We got done with two soft tries, that is Lussicks only move and we were not tight enough at the ptb. The move down the short side was one that Saints have thrown at us umpteen times and we need to be more switched on.

Also, Lomax is their conductor in chief and he will regularly stand behind the ptb, weigh up the defence and then take the ball to the side that creates an overlap. Field needs to do the same rather than defending in the line.

Said at the time, Lussick doesn't score that try if Sam Powell plays.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:18 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:43 am We need to go up a gear to win the GF. We got done with two soft tries, that is Lussicks only move and we were not tight enough at the ptb. The move down the short side was one that Saints have thrown at us umpteen times and we need to be more switched on.

Yeah and we don’t score the first two tries that put saints under pressure chasing the match if Powell plays

We’ve only beaten saint twice in 2 years and both times have been when Sam Powell is absent - that’s a mighty coincidence

Attack is by far a better form of defence
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

moto748 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:18 am

Come on, Moto. Don't you know the rules? You can only mention SP to complain about him, or list all the matches we've won when he didn't play. Or remind us that he's Wane's love child, that he'll always be selected until he's 73 years old. Otherwise you're a Powell-lover who thinks he's the best 9 ever etc etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS Just spotted it took all of 8 minutes for you to get a reply!!!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐