Wigan v St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan v St Helens

Post by josie andrews »

Flash wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:04 am
josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:51 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:31 am Also, I can't believe the commentary didn't mention Welsby trampling over French when scored his first try, clearly deliberately.
Yes no mention of golden child’s dirty tactics! That’s what started the small melee with Batchelor & Smithies, sticking up for his smaller mate.

Also can’t believe it was either O’Connor or Wilkin who referred to Welsby as the best FB in SL 😂😂😂 The little 💩🏠 😉😉

https://twitter.com/c_allen84/status/15 ... 56928?s=12
It was Clarke, Josie. He seems to have lost the plot a bit recently.
Thank you for that I knew it was some idiot 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:44 am I paused the game when I made the last post; I've re-watched it all now. I do think Marshall had a very good game, I think he negated a couple of errors with some very good efforts in attack and defence. Another thing that struck me was that Shorrocks, who has come in for a bit of criticism lately, when asked to do a more Lam-era tackling stint, did so admirably, in what looked like another piece of smart coaching to me.
Cade Cust also receives undeserved criticism a lot of the time on here but just watch his brilliant pass which set Liam Marshall free to score that brilliant try which took the wind out of Stains attempts to get back in the game.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:31 am Also, I can't believe the commentary didn't mention Welsby trampling over French when scored his first try, clearly deliberately.
I think it was bachelor not welsby
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:12 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:44 am I paused the game when I made the last post; I've re-watched it all now. I do think Marshall had a very good game, I think he negated a couple of errors with some very good efforts in attack and defence. Another thing that struck me was that Shorrocks, who has come in for a bit of criticism lately, when asked to do a more Lam-era tackling stint, did so admirably, in what looked like another piece of smart coaching to me.
Cade Cust also receives undeserved criticism a lot of the time on here but just watch his brilliant pass which set Liam Marshall free to score that brilliant try which took the wind out of Stains attempts to get back in the game.
I've been impressed with Cust, he's a work horse, Smiths improvement has probably over shadowed what he has done for us but I would say he's better than Hastings.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:08 am Bloody love this 😂😂

https://twitter.com/CamDonDuncan/status ... 74368?s=20
proper loled at that when he did it on SKY, He deffo don't like it up him :o :shock: :D
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:12 am
I know he doesn’t get the credit he deserves, abit like green in his first season here.
Think Cust went through a quiet spell because he was still recovering from his injury
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Cust had a very understated role in that win he did a lot of the rubbish stuff no-one likes to do and he came up with some good plays when needed in particular the kick for touch. Hes a strong bloke who could easily play 9 or 13 and its a different prospect when a half has his frame

just a small note on the Welsby bashing i have seen on here and on twitter - not sure why, really talented young kid, who won saints the grand final against us by his attitude and work ethic. Sky have made him into a golden boy but thats not his fault and i think that teasing wind up is great but weve won nothing yet - he can easily stick it on us in the final again so i wouldnt be celebrating too much
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Agree with the above. I loved watching us wind Welsby up, and the tactic clearly worked on the night. I'm equally sure that he'll learn from it. If we try the same again, possibly in the GF, I think it could be a mistake.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Cust a far better team player than Hastings. Doesn't hog the ball and doesn't run down a blind alley and get caught in possession on the 4th and 5th tackle.

I honestly think Smith was not only hindered by playing behind a crap pack, but having to play alongside Hastings last year.