Catalan game moved to Friday!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Catalan game moved to Friday!

Post by josie andrews »

Round 27 Sky Picks

Next Friday
8pm Wigan v Catalan

Next Saturday
3pm Leeds v Castleford
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Catalan game moved to Friday!

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan v Catalans game moved

Wigan Warriors’ final regular Super League game against Catalans Dragons has been moved to Friday 2nd September (8pm K.O.) due to Sky Sports selection.

The broadcasting rights allow Sky to select games for broadcast with a minimum notice period and much depends on how the Betfred Super League season unfolds. Today, Super League have confirmed the broadcast selections for Round 27, with Wigan’s final regular home game moved a day earlier than originally scheduled.

The final Betfred Super League regular season round will see Sky Sports broadcast two fixtures which could be crucial in deciding Play-Off positions.

On Friday 2nd September the Dragons will travel to the DW Stadium with the aim of securing a top four position and home advantage in week one of the Play-Offs. The following day Sky Sports will show Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers (3pm), which could be a winner takes all game with both aiming to fill the final Play-Off places.

Betfred Super League – Round 27

Friday 2 September

Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity, 7:45pm
Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons, 8pm (Sky Sports)
Saturday 3 September

Hull FC v Hull KR, 3pm
Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers, 3pm(Sky Sports)
Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves, 3pm
St Helens v Toulouse Olympique, 3pm

Tickets for Friday’s game are on sale and available HERE, please follow this link for all information on how to claim two free tickets for Key Workers.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/08/ ... ame-moved/
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We must have had more games moved than any other club this season!!
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Delighted! I'm working on the Saturday, so I'm made up to make the final home game 🍾 🥂......God bless SkySports!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:04 pm We must have had more games moved than any other club this season!!
Think yourself lucky Josie that it has not been moved to the fans blackhole of Thursday night, just have to persuade the Leeds grandsons mother that they can be out to past 11pm as I promised them last night when they were wanting to come t'match that I was taking them to the Saturday afternoon ko. :cry:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Was bringing my granddaughter that’s out the bloody window now so sick and tired of them dropping these changes on us with virtually no notice.
doc

Post by doc »

Not happy. Got a ticket for a concert same night that was rearranged from last year due to covid. Thought I was safe as all matches were scheduled for Saturday afternoon and the fact that the club were making a big event of it. Out of pocket no matter which I miss.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Last edited by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR on Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
2002 and EW is hooked
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It’s ridiculous. This is the key worker game the club has been promoting and I would imagine many people who could attend Saturday now can’t make the Friday game.

On facebook the announcement has many people replying who are absolutely furious having shelled out similar amounts of cash as EW and made various arrangements.

It was even being promoted last night at the ground as a Saturday figure.

OK, so Sky get to call the shots but it’s about time the clubs, the RFL and Sky got their act together better than this.

The whole idea games can be moved mid-season is nuts. Sky and the RFL/SL should sort the fixtures out pre season with the televised games chosen then. If by this stage of the season a televised fixture isn’t as attractive as they might have expected, tough luck. On average it’s bound to work out OK overall in that regard.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

In addition to the above points, SL scheduled all teams to play 3 games in 10 days. Sky moved the derby to Friday, giving us and Saints 3 in 9.

Now this reduces us to 3 games in 8 days.

It's not as if the Catalans game has any special significance for the playoffs. We're on a reduced contract with Sky, surely SL could/should prevent this on the grounds of player welfare?

Maybe we should play a second team in protest.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐