Wigan squad for Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:48 am I'd be interested to see the stats back, but it seemed to me like Mago made an error 50% of the times he had possession!

Havard back was a real plus, though.
Mago did more numbers than I've seen him do so far for us and he really struggled. I've said before, he needs to get a lot fitter
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 am
moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:48 am I'd be interested to see the stats back, but it seemed to me like Mago made an error 50% of the times he had possession!

Mago did more numbers than I've seen him do so far for us and he really struggled. I've said before, he needs to get a lot fitter
He played the full 40 mins of the second half and ten minutes of the first half no wonder he struggled.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:50 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:56 am

He played the full 40 mins of the second half and ten minutes of the first half no wonder he struggled.
His fitness still needs improving though
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Mago made some decent meters but his ball retention was very poor. Not good enough making that many mistakes. Thought cooper was the same as well. Poor performance from Wigan but hopefully we are saving the better stuff for the more important games ahead. A positive was Harry smiths kicking, was simply delightful. Onwards and upwards!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mago made 122 meters, 16 carries and 18 tackles.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

What I’ve noticed lately is Bateman trying to offload in bad situation, he’s needs to nip that in the bud
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Welski wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:24 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:53 pm We should get a cricket score with the squad they are putting out…… hopefully no injuries…… bev gets a couple for top try scorer and field gets mom to cement the man of steel…… happy then
Bookies giving us…..44 point start😳

Or they’ve got Catalans at 50-1in a straight two horse race!
Don’t think I’ve seen odds like that since I offered the same to work colleagues on our opponents just before the 1998 challenge cup final…being southerners they had no idea about rugby league so I got a few takers 🤕
Never ever argue with a bookie!

It was pretty grim but it was never going to be anything else. Plus point was Havard who looked really impressive and if fit, should play every match. Also Harry's kicking masterclass. Nothing will ever stop Bibby jumping out of the line; Bateman doing terrible offloads and Mago being a liability. I hope Cust will get over the elbow problem because we're a better side with him in the halves.
At least the referee was better than the touch judges ........ although, not by much.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

w.thomas wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:24 am Mago made some decent meters but his ball retention was very poor. Not good enough making that many mistakes. Thought cooper was the same as well. Poor performance from Wigan but hopefully we are saving the better stuff for the more important games ahead. A positive was Harry smiths kicking, was simply delightful. Onwards and upwards!
He should be told very firmly to stop enjoying the wrestle so much and keep hold of the dratted ball. I would hope his fitness is much improved because to me he looks like the coaches have got a stone or more off his weight since the start of the season.
My big worry, apart from potentially losing Cust for the final is the Club may be tempted to drop O 'Neill now that Powell is looking to come back into the side.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

As usual we were poor going forward. Yet again our forwards were running at a poor team but for only ten minutes or so in the game were very poor and didn't domineer at all.
When will we get new forwards who can domineer?
We either get battered or hang on but never domineer and win games because of three players in the main. As we have seen nullify three Wigan players and we struggle to score. Catalan did that constantly running at Field and it kept the score down with half a team of young lads.
In my view a very poor performance.
I just hope if we make the final our forwards hang on and the three win it for us. I cannot see anyother way we can win games now.