Wigan squad for Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Catalans

Post by Firestarter »

Welski wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:24 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:53 pm We should get a cricket score with the squad they are putting out…… hopefully no injuries…… bev gets a couple for top try scorer and field gets mom to cement the man of steel…… happy then
Bookies giving us…..44 point start😳

Or they’ve got Catalans at 50-1in a straight two horse race!
Don’t think I’ve seen odds like that since I offered the same to work colleagues on our opponents just before the 1998 challenge cup final…being southerners they had no idea about rugby league so I got a few takers 🤕
Jesus…… im sure childs will keep it as low as pos
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We don't have anything to fear from Child as we are at home.
The Leeds game at Headingly showed how out of the way he'll go to win favour from the home fans.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Puzzling with Halsall although he did play Monday (and looked good)?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'll be interested to see how Peet replaces Faz. The obvious way is to play Bibby and use KPP or Isa in the backrow but I wondered if he may try out something he could use if we make it to the Grand Final. i.e. as he doesn't seem to fancy Bibby vs Hurrell he could play Isa and KPP centre. move Smithies to backrow and put Ellis to 13 as we have all five props available. If he is considering this he may want to give it a try before the big day.
MrAlex

Post by MrAlex »

Is Faz definitely out for the season?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:45 pm I'll be interested to see how Peet replaces Faz. The obvious way is to play Bibby and use KPP or Isa in the backrow but I wondered if he may try out something he could use if we make it to the Grand Final. i.e. as he doesn't seem to fancy Bibby vs Hurrell he could play Isa and KPP centre. move Smithies to backrow and put Ellis to 13 as we have all five props available. If he is considering this he may want to give it a try before the big day.
He might but I have never understood changing the side around because of one injury. Players become accustomed to playing a certain role and developing an understanding with their colleagues. For me, one out one in. Either Bibby back in the centres and either KPP or Isa in the second row or, Shorrocks directly replacing Faz.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Shorrocks not good enough
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Bibby over Halsall this week is probably a sentimental gesture as its potentially his last game at the DW may well point towards Halsall being preferred for the Semi final
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

7:38pm . . . just watching the intro on Sky: Alex Walmesley talking about Saints winning the LLS.

Who's playing tonight? Our games always seem to start with talk of Roby reaching 500 games. Is greatest ever Roby retiring? Young sensation playing fullback for Saints etc etc
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Welski

Post by Welski »

I’ve done it again🙄

Backed us to score a hatful whenever I do that we are rubbish. Apologies to one and all!

Come on!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League