Lee Briers - Out of Your League

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Lee Briers - Out of Your League

Post by josie andrews »

OoYL with Lee Briers.

https://youtu.be/Nj4zJMRaHpI

I like listening to this podcast but I don’t know why the presenters need to keep swearing. Alright you will probably say it a relaxed atmosphere between ‘Mates’ but it is a publicised program which kids will probably listen too & think it’s okay to keep using the F word!

Jason Robinson was on for 2 1/2 hours & didn’t swear once. Let’s see how Lee gets on 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Re: Lee Briers - Out of Your League

Post by moto748 »

Isn't Jason Robinson a born-again Christian?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm Isn't Jason Robinson a born-again Christian?
Yes and he lost his yorkshire accent when he started playing kick n clap
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:26 pm
moto748 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:36 pm Isn't Jason Robinson a born-again Christian?
I don’t really think so! Still says "Y’know" just like he’s always done Same as Andy Farrell, they learn to speak slowly.
I was away in Aberdeen for almost 10 years, when I came back home, someone said to me over a petty dispute, "Get back to where tha’ come from!” I replied "Where’s that then? I was born on Norley Hall’😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:26 am
I don’t really think so! Still says "Y’know" just like he’s always done Same as Andy Farrell, they learn to speak slowly.
I was away in Aberdeen for almost 10 years, when I came back home, someone said to me over a petty dispute, "Get back to where tha’ come from!” I replied "Where’s that then? I was born on Norley Hall’😂😂
haha funny but jason definitely started talking posher once he went to the dark side
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:26 am
When I worked in Kenya I always had to come home for a week, one day in London to see the Overseas Finance Director down in London and the rest of the week, in Coppull, and when I got back to Nairobi both my asian secretaries who both spoke immaculate BBC English, would grumble at me and say I had only been away a week but now they couldn't understand a word I was saying unless I spoke much slower.
Make of that what you will.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

Listened to this podcast and also the Love Rugby League one that Briers did.

Both are fantastic and he speaks so fondly of our club