Play off Semi Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Play off Semi Final

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:25 pm Meltdown on Redvee 😂
Think they might be relieved with that. Gives them an extra day to get some players back
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I still think a couple of sunday games would massively boost the crowds
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:18 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:26 pm These games always seem poorly attended I hope they pitch the price to try and encourage people to come along nothing worse than a flat atmosphere at a semi final
The trouble is the RFL set the prices. It will be interesting to see what happens when IMG has an influence.
Well they said at the stadium tonight that the semi prices will be same as normal SL games. I know people complain about paying 'extra' for play-off games, but it's only one match! So lets have a decent crowd against whoever it is.

I'm looking at the table and trying to figure it out. If Leeds beat Cas, and Salford beat Wire, as I expect, then it looks like the table positions will be unchanged from what they are now. In that case, we would play the highest ranked winners of Hudds v Leeds or Cats v Salford. I think Hudds have enough to turn Leeds over, so as they are guaranteed third place, my chinny reckon is that the Giants are our most likely semi-final opponents. In the unlikely event that Cas beat Leeds, I don't think they'll get past Hudds either.

But I may have got that all wrong! :D
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We beat Hudds, Saints knocked out by Salford. :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wishful thinking Mike. I think it will be Saints v Wigan.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Cats might still be a threat, but I don't know if they will have all their big guns back; does anybody?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What I do think is that this season has put to bed a bit some of the arguments that the comp is so uncompetetive, there's only two decent teams in it, etc. Six sides (sorry, Cas! :lol: ) have a realistic chance of winning the GF. I think that's fair enough.