Semi Final Tickets ON SALE NOW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BostonWarrior

Re: Semi Final Tickets ON SALE NOW

Post by BostonWarrior »

BostonWarrior wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:08 pm Stupid Wigan ticketing system!!

I received the email to Season Ticket holders containing the link which enables you to buy your season ticket seat for the semi-final. Speaking to friends who have already bought theirs, I was told that the link takes you directly to your seat based on your email address and you just add it to your basket and pay. No seat selection is actually required.

Not for me, however!! I seem to be being ‘punished’ for having a season ticket seat that doesn’t have a season ticket seat holder on either side. The system won’t add my season ticket seat to the basket because it leaves a single empty seat on either side!!

It does, though, if I add the empty seat to my right, which would solve the situation. So, I did this but, of course, I only need one seat. So, I then tried to delete my own seat from the basket – this would still leave no single seat empty – but there was no way to do this.

I’ve telephoned the ticket office, but they don’t seem to fully understand what I’m talking about when I explained the situation and what I had tried to do.

I suggested to them that I could simply buy the ‘empty’ seat on my right, and that would solve the issue. They said, though, it would apparently count as an ‘extra seat’ – and because my own seat was still technically available for me – I couldn’t have the season ticket holder discount on that the empty seat next to me until my own season ticket seat is released after the ‘reserved’ period is over.

Finally, they suggested I visit the ticket office in person and they would look at it further, but I live 14 miles away and am only in Wigan nowadays on matchdays. What a way to treat a long-standing season ticket holder!!

Think I’ll watch it on the TV and save my admission and petrol money.
Further to my previous post, I have now been able to buy my ticket - but what a palaver over something that should be so simple!!

After my unsuccessful ‘phone call to the ticket office, I sent a 'Victor Meldrew-style’ complaint via the contact form on the Wigan website – and earlier this morning I've had a 'phone call from one of the admin ladies.

She was full of apologies that the Ticket Office didn't resolve the problem - apparently it is an easy procedure for them to do to manually override the ‘single seat left empty’ situation - and, whilst she was talking to me, she 'picked out the seat', took payment and has sent the ticket to me by email.

You’d think, though, it would be easier for the Wigan Ticket System to have a ‘cup-ticket’ system like other sports clubs have. It works in a similar way to the existing season-ticket ‘auto-renewal’. Season-Ticket holders are given the choice of ‘opting-in’ to automatically buying tickets for matches not covered by the season-ticket, and they receive them without the need to do anything at all. Payment is then taken by DD using the information the club already has stored in the ticket holder’s account.

If nothing else, though, they surely should enhance the current system to recognise season-ticket seats and exclude them from this ‘leaving a single seat empty’ rule for cup and play-off matches – the very catalyst, of course, that led to the problem I faced.
Born in : BOSTON, Warriors Season Ticket : BOSTON STAND
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Just realised I've missed the deadline for ST seat guarantee. Juat tried the link on the club website that says, ST holders can buy HERE, and it juat re-directs to a page saying "Bring a friend", "No events available". I'll try the ticket office on Monday.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Got my ticket and my seat OK. I seem to remember it has happened before that I've missed the deadline, but still been able to get my seat OK. Let's hope there's a decent turn-out.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Leeds don’t seem to be having a problem, they have already sold more than 2000 tickets. Wigan supporters need to get behind the team but that is not helped if people cannot get tickets.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:41 am Leeds don’t seem to be having a problem, they have already sold more than 2000 tickets. Wigan supporters need to get behind the team but that is not helped if people cannot get tickets.
It’s gonna be one of the worst attendances this year I feel. Ignore what the announcer says I can’t see it being over 10 k. Leeds won’t even bring what saints did which is embarrassing for a club like Leeds in a semi final
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

So if i want my season ticket discount i can't order online. :evil:

I can't go to the ticket office as I'm in work.

1st Call yesterday 27mins and no answer.
2nd Call this morning, 23 mins and still 3rd in queue.
3rd call just, waited ten mins before I moved into 1st place, then another 23mins before being cut off.
Just call again and I'm 6th.

5 Adults i wanted, looks like it will be a pub visit. :evil: :evil:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:47 pm So if i want my season ticket discount i can't order online. :evil:

3rd call just, waited ten mins before I moved into 1st place, then another 23mins before being cut off.

Do you want me to get it for you to go to your address or meet you before the game?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

My nephew, his girlfriend & daughter live & work in Manchester so went to book their tickets online.

They could book their own but not for their daughter who is 20 months old. She has my old seat before I moved lower down because of the steps.

Anyway there is no facility to book her tickets as it only states adults concessions & juniors! Who would pay £21 for a baby?

So anyway I rang up, was waiting a little while before I got through & got it no problem.

Why is the online system so bloody difficult to navigate?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:52 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:47 pm So if i want my season ticket discount i can't order online. :evil:

Do you want me to get it for you to go to your address or meet you before the game?
Thanks very much for the offer Josie, but just managed to get through and buy the tickets.

It really frustrates me that I cannot buy online, everything is online these days but its too difficult for us and so we have to go back to telephones.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:52 pm

Thanks very much for the offer Josie, but just managed to get through and buy the tickets.

It really frustrates me that I cannot buy online, everything is online these days but its too difficult for us and so we have to go back to telephones.
It’s a crazy system I know. 🙁