Play offs explained….

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Play offs explained….

Post by Firestarter »

saint wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:31 pm I think it will be Saints v Salford , Wigan v Cats

Saints V Cats Final
Doubt that saint…… more chance of salford beating you than cats beating us
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

saint wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:35 am Good point -

I’m not overly confident we have two big games in us .

Depending on who is on the pitch and who remains on the pitch for a final if we get there .

We have limped into the play offs and been average all year due to circumstances

It’s hard to see us being any better but , previous we have lifted out game to another level in the play offs .

We need to do it now more than ever.

I think Catalan will be a tough opponent , again , I don’t think they have two games In them .

We shall see
Have you been average or have we got better?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
saint

Post by saint »

Most definitely, both !

You have improved no question . The table don’t lie .

We have been significantly worse than last year . That comes with in the way of such significant disruption of injury and bans !

We have not fielded a starting line up all year . And since May played without a recognised back line and disruption in the pack .

To come top is simply incredible under the circumstances

At times we have been dreadful off the back of players having to play more minutes and in different positions . Fatigue has played a massive part in our performances

Never has a week off been so important,
If we can get all our players back ( discounting Dodd & Grace ) and keep them for two games , I’d say we may still be favourites.

However , bans could be more of a factor for any side going into the final . We have to sort that out - we have been shocking this year on that front !