POWELL!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
archiekeith
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:17 am

Re: POWELL!!

Post by archiekeith »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 pm Because Dave I could offer most of those qualities you’re saying are powells strengths

Being 80min player makes no advantage if you are bang average over those 80mins

High work rate it’s a non-point everyone in a team works hard it’s not a exceptional quality

Being consistent is negated if you are consistently average

I don’t buy this awesome defence argument - he’s a good defender but it’s not like he’s a brick wall he’s ok - many many other players offer the same level of defence - if O’Neill had been at fault for the try powell was in the semi everyone would be screaming how that doesn’t happen with Powell - it does! and it did - but again it seems like it’s ignored. It’s not taken into account how much extra defending we do than we would if someone with more attacking ability would help us get further down the field

Even on this board it’s like Powell being poor is an uncomfortable truth - how many people on here saying “we get it he’s not good but let’s stop talking about it”

If you had a hole in the petrol tank in your car - not talking about it doesn’t stop it leaking

There are average players in our team but all of the average ones seem to be open to challenge - bibby and isa to pick on two seem to be in and out the squad yet powell is a nailed on starter like he’s some sort of superstar we can’t play without - that’s the bit that needs explaining

Anyone with half a rugby brain can see how damaging he is to our attack - and remember attack is not just about scoring tries it’s about getting down the field and puttin mg yourselves in the right place kn the pitch.

I wouldn’t be as bothered if they were going to allow a challenger to him - but if you’re saying that his quality of being 80min player is important the. How doesn’t anyone else get a shot when he isn’t injured?
At least your consistent and persistently repetitive. You like your analogies.wich you spew out regularly some are enlightening some not so but they make me smile like someone who postulates your good but if your consistently average how can you say he's good when you say that's negated by being consistently average. you also say he's not a brick wall. Well who is in our team. Poor analogy mate. but it makes me Smile not consistently however
Dreamteam
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: POWELL!!

Post by Dreamteam »

archiekeith wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:14 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 pm Because Dave I could offer most of those qualities you’re saying are powells strengths

Being 80min player makes no advantage if you are bang average over those 80mins

High work rate it’s a non-point everyone in a team works hard it’s not a exceptional quality

Being consistent is negated if you are consistently average

I don’t buy this awesome defence argument - he’s a good defender but it’s not like he’s a brick wall he’s ok - many many other players offer the same level of defence - if O’Neill had been at fault for the try powell was in the semi everyone would be screaming how that doesn’t happen with Powell - it does! and it did - but again it seems like it’s ignored. It’s not taken into account how much extra defending we do than we would if someone with more attacking ability would help us get further down the field

Even on this board it’s like Powell being poor is an uncomfortable truth - how many people on here saying “we get it he’s not good but let’s stop talking about it”

If you had a hole in the petrol tank in your car - not talking about it doesn’t stop it leaking

There are average players in our team but all of the average ones seem to be open to challenge - bibby and isa to pick on two seem to be in and out the squad yet powell is a nailed on starter like he’s some sort of superstar we can’t play without - that’s the bit that needs explaining

Anyone with half a rugby brain can see how damaging he is to our attack - and remember attack is not just about scoring tries it’s about getting down the field and puttin mg yourselves in the right place kn the pitch.

I wouldn’t be as bothered if they were going to allow a challenger to him - but if you’re saying that his quality of being 80min player is important the. How doesn’t anyone else get a shot when he isn’t injured?
At least your consistent and persistently repetitive. You like your analogies.wich you spew out regularly some are enlightening some not so but they make me smile like someone who postulates your good but if your consistently average how can you say he's good when you say that's negated by being consistently average. you also say he's not a brick wall. Well who is in our team. Poor analogy mate. but it makes me Smile not consistently however
Afternoon Sam . P. How are you liking the forums pal 😂😂
archiekeith
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:17 am

Re: POWELL!!

Post by archiekeith »

Very droll 😀 Don't think SP is daft enough to read this topic or forum for that matter. I don't think you read my posts analytically. Sarcastically or presumptively. Perhaps but enjoy the games anyway 👍
User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 6629
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: POWELL!!

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 pm Because Dave I could offer most of those qualities you’re saying are powells strengths

Being 80min player makes no advantage if you are bang average over those 80mins

High work rate it’s a non-point everyone in a team works hard it’s not a exceptional quality

Being consistent is negated if you are consistently average

I don’t buy this awesome defence argument - he’s a good defender but it’s not like he’s a brick wall he’s ok - many many other players offer the same level of defence - if O’Neill had been at fault for the try powell was in the semi everyone would be screaming how that doesn’t happen with Powell - it does! and it did - but again it seems like it’s ignored. It’s not taken into account how much extra defending we do than we would if someone with more attacking ability would help us get further down the field

Even on this board it’s like Powell being poor is an uncomfortable truth - how many people on here saying “we get it he’s not good but let’s stop talking about it”

If you had a hole in the petrol tank in your car - not talking about it doesn’t stop it leaking

There are average players in our team but all of the average ones seem to be open to challenge - bibby and isa to pick on two seem to be in and out the squad yet powell is a nailed on starter like he’s some sort of superstar we can’t play without - that’s the bit that needs explaining

Anyone with half a rugby brain can see how damaging he is to our attack - and remember attack is not just about scoring tries it’s about getting down the field and puttin mg yourselves in the right place kn the pitch.

I wouldn’t be as bothered if they were going to allow a challenger to him - but if you’re saying that his quality of being 80min player is important the. How doesn’t anyone else get a shot when he isn’t injured?
This all boils down to you (very strongly) feeling the coaching staff are wrong in not making a change to the squad at hooker a high priority. That's where the criticism should fall IMO. I don't think you're wrong.
buttmonkey2
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Re: POWELL!!

Post by buttmonkey2 »

They say opinions are like ar7^holes in that everyone has one

At the moment there is a poster on this thread taking things personally and it is starting to become abusive in the manner of his comments. No debate re: an individuals point of view - just personal attacks because he cannot debate positively to the contrary

Might require said user hiding this thread (for his personal sanity) or receive a warning to calm himself down in his (becoming) personal comments
Back by demand.
archiekeith
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:17 am

Re: POWELL!!

Post by archiekeith »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:49 pm They say opinions are like ar7^holes in that everyone has one

At the moment there is a poster on this thread taking things personally and it is starting to become abusive in the manner of his comments. No debate re: an individuals point of view - just personal attacks because he cannot debate positively to the contrary

Might require said user hiding this thread (for his personal sanity) or receive a warning to calm himself down in his (becoming) personal comments
.
And his own post is a good example of what he means. Accusing a non named poster ie"said poster" whoever that is. Giving no justification for his speculative comment "becoming personal comments "
Questioning their personal sanity on a topic that's been encouraged to criticise here. Just for your info I have said that repetitive criticism by the same posters saying or giving the same opinion repetitively goes beyond criticism and becomes a"witch hunt " the evidence is there 20 pages of it. I'm off to South America now for a holiday. Perhaps when I return Wigan will have a James Roby style 9. Dream on 👍🖕
Dreamteam
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

Re: POWELL!!

Post by Dreamteam »

archiekeith wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:14 am
buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:49 pm They say opinions are like ar7^holes in that everyone has one

At the moment there is a poster on this thread taking things personally and it is starting to become abusive in the manner of his comments. No debate re: an individuals point of view - just personal attacks because he cannot debate positively to the contrary

Might require said user hiding this thread (for his personal sanity) or receive a warning to calm himself down in his (becoming) personal comments
.
And his own post is a good example of what he means. Accusing a non named poster ie"said poster" whoever that is. Giving no justification for his speculative comment "becoming personal comments "
Questioning their personal sanity on a topic that's been encouraged to criticise here. Just for your info I have said that repetitive criticism by the same posters saying or giving the same opinion repetitively goes beyond criticism and becomes a"witch hunt " the evidence is there 20 pages of it. I'm off to South America now for a holiday. Perhaps when I return Wigan will have a James Roby style 9. Dream on 👍🖕
You’ve done a great job there of proving his point. Well done sir 😂😂
medlocke
Posts: 9699
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: POWELL!!

Post by medlocke »

It's like owning a Ferrari and putting Chaoyang tyres on it :D
fozzieskem
Posts: 5374
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: POWELL!!

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:50 pm It's like owning a Ferrari and putting Chaoyang tyres on it :D
Every penny helps running one of those I suppose :D
medlocke
Posts: 9699
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: POWELL!!

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:43 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:50 pm It's like owning a Ferrari and putting Chaoyang tyres on it :D
Every penny helps running one of those I suppose :D
:lol: :lol:
Post Reply