Congratulations Faz, Field and French 🎊 👏

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CheshireWarrior

Congratulations Faz, Field and French 🎊 👏

Post by CheshireWarrior »

2022 Super League Dream Team!

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/20 ... announced/

Can't say I'm surprised with 'The Three F's' 💪

Good shout on Bodie Croft too!
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Congratulations Faz, Field and French 🎊 👏

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Looking at our likely opponents, we need to find a way to keep McQueen in check, and to hold the Saints pack well enough to give Field and French space. We’ve done it before, we can do it again.
(Oh, and not relevant to us, but Salford seem to do a brilliant job with their overseas recruitment given that - I am guessing - they don’t spend a fortune).
CheshireWarrior

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:05 pm Looking at our likely opponents, we need to find a way to keep McQueen in check, and to hold the Saints pack well enough to give Field and French space. We’ve done it before, we can do it again.
(Oh, and not relevant to us, but Salford seem to do a brilliant job with their overseas recruitment given that - I am guessing - they don’t spend a fortune).
Spot on!

One or two Stains fans I know are so confident, dare I say arrogant that if we meet in the final (which I think we shall), they'll steamroll us. I'm far from convinced! As you say I believe we can match them pound for pound up the middle!

Surely Croft is on a few bob? Wouldn't know, some nice results this season Salford and a cunning plan to finish 6th 🤣.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How many games has Welsby played at 6?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:19 pm How many games has Welsby played at 6?
Hope your not bringing into question the validity of Super League's greatest FB, W, C, SO & SH?

There's a reason Welsby is in! 🥱
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

How the f*** Harry Smith hasn't made that team I don't know. This isn't a wigan fan tinted glasses, he has been one of the stand out players of SL.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:57 pm How the f*** Harry Smith hasn't made that team I don't know. This isn't a wigan fan tinted glasses, he has been one of the stand out players of SL.
Edited.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think Marshall and Smithies are unlucky not to be included. I think Smith has got better and better, but it took a few games to hit his stride, so I can understand why he was left out. I think Smith, Havard and Smithies will be become fixtures in the dream team in the years ahead. The future’s bright.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:46 pm I think Marshall and Smithies are unlucky not to be included. I think Smith has got better and better, but it took a few games to hit his stride, so I can understand why he was left out. I think Smith, Havard and Smithies will be become fixtures in the dream team in the years ahead. The future’s bright.
Absolutely and still room for a lot more improvement in them all which is a great prospect.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

When picking a Dream Team should they pick players who play in their certain positions?
Brodie Croft plays 6 yet has been picked at 7, Welsby plays 1 yet has been picked at 6?