WHY HAVE YOU TAKEN POST DOWN?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

WHY HAVE YOU TAKEN POST DOWN?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

As you know MODERATOR you have taken down a very polite post about the policing of the site.

I'm astonished that you have done this and I ask why?

Wigan Watcher

Re: WHY HAVE YOU TAKEN POST DOWN?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Here is most of the postings

I have recently posted with the title WELSBY.
First of all it was simply removed.I thought I had not posted correctly so I posted it again, this time I read a quick note it had been removed because there was another thread!

May I say I'm concerned that this is some what unhelpful because I have mentioned this before " what does it matter if there is the odd double threat. In fact we see it all the time. Now we see that due to moderator involvement people are only allowed to talk about POWELL on one thread.
I would ask that moderators please stop merging posts because one it is not helpful and if you did it constantly with every thread that would be a nightmare for you to do. Also, and I must say having people only allowed to use one thread to comment on POWELL is now coming across as a dictatorship
Regards WW

Caboosegg

Re: MODERATORSREPORTQUOTE

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:50 am

I have not seen anything saying you can only discuss Powell in one thread, I have seen a thread created to try and prevent the derailing of threads that have no relevance to the player.

If Powell plays in a match and someone posts on his performance, do you think it would be moved?

Most forums about apart from maybe RLFans have moderators who will clean up threads and try to keep them on topic.

Remember kids unless everything you say about Wigan is negative you're not a true "Fan"

Wigan Watcher

Re: MODERATORSEDITREPORTQUOTE

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:14 am

To have more than one thread " doesn't really matter" NO
I would suggest in the main a MODERATORS job is to see that there is no abusive, derogatory, foul, sexual, radical or racist activity, I may have missed something . To mearly merge a threat is pointless and does not help the poster. Like I have said Im sure I could look at many threats that turn out to be the same and as I have suggested, it would be a nightmare to merge them all
I would ask politely to stop merging threads when it is not needed. This is people's pleasure and people dont mind opening threads because they have the option to do so
As for the POWELL thread in my opinion there is some truth in the fact that this new POWELL threat was made to keep this topic together and not be taken over in other threads but there was a feeling of " use this and only this to talk about POWELL" At the end of the day most people dont mind and have not complained in the main. It was a MODERATOR who seemed upset let's say and decided that this is where you post POWELL talk.

Southern Softy

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:54 am

I had a thread deleted (presumably) about Welsby which said that he was apparently not the messiah but he was a rather naughty boy. I just assumed that it had offended someone's religious sensibilities.

PS I have not recently been struck by lightning so I guess I may have got away with it.

Wigan Watcher

Re: MODERATORSEDITREPORTQUOTE

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:02 am

If your post was removed because you used the word messiah then it was wrongly removed.

One meaning of the word messiah is:

A leader regarded as the saviour of a particular country, group, or cause.

"the club's supporters have been tempted to regard him as a messiah rather than a manager.

medlocke

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:29 am

Wigan Watcher wrote: ↑I have recently posted with the title WELSBY.
First of all it was simply removed.I thought I had not posted correctly so I posted it again, this time I read a quick note it had been removed because there was another thread!

May I say I'm concerned that this is some what unhelpful because I have mentioned this before " what does it matter if there is the odd double threat. In fact we see it all the time. Now we see that due to moderator involvement people are only allowed to talk about POWELL on one thread.
I would ask that moderators please stop merging posts because one it is not helpful and if you did it constantly with every thread that would be a nightmare for you to do. Also, and I must say having people only allowed to use one thread to comment on POWELL is now coming across as a dictatorship
Regards WW

The reason your WELSBY thread had been deleted/locked/merged was due to the fact you asked the same questions that others had asked within another thread, there simply was no need for a new thread to be created, It was not because of some dictatorship.

Wigan Watcher

Re: MODERATORSEDITDELETEREPORTQUOTE

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:35 am

Like I have said there is no point in merging most threads. People dont mind reading similar threads and it is confusing to the poster. I dont think there is a major problem on here so please I ask once more not to do it.

I take on board that MODERATORS are most probably not professionals and do this without pay and it can take their time up. Everyone can learn to do things better.
Regards

There are the last comment missing

But you said you took a post down because it was taking up space. I asked very politely what space?

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:07 am As you know MODERATOR you have taken down a very polite post about the policing of the site.

I have just asked the same question. I haven’t removed it as I was in the middle of replying to it!

I can only apologise as it must have happened in error.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Thank you Josie for your reply. Obviously the MODERATOR in question surely must explain his actions

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pm sent
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan Watcher wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:07 am As you know MODERATOR you have taken down a very polite post about the policing of the site.

Your post was removed due to an error of judgement on my behalf, nothing personal, I'm still trying to get a hang of this moderating crack, I have had a crack with Josie about such things and will only be deleting abusive material from now on.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I thank you for your honest reply.
Thank you

jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Your post was removed due to an error of judgement on my behalf, nothing personal, I'm still trying to get a hang of this moderating crack, I have had a crack with Josie about such things and will only be deleting abusive material from now on.
Moderator?
Talk about poacher turning gamekeeper 😂😂
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Dictatorship. :shock:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Does airing all this public really help the site or its posters?

Personally I find it most dispiriting.