Cade Cust Injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bob the Builder

Cade Cust Injury

Post by Bob the Builder »

Any news on Cade Cust injury. Its gone pretty quiet. Fingers crossed all OK for semi's.
medlocke

Re: Cade Cust Injury

Post by medlocke »

Jared elbow according to lasso on SKY the other night
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:49 pm Jared elbow according to lasso on SKY the other night
Is that bad?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:02 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:49 pm Jared elbow according to lasso on SKY the other night
Is that bad?
Don't know, I'd imagine it'd probably last the same as a dead leg maybe
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

A jarred elbow can take up to a month to fully heal.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Cade Cust fitness latest as Wigan coach Matt Peet heaps praise on Rohan Smith

The Warriors take on Leeds this Friday with a place at Old Trafford at stake.

Wigan Warriors boss Matty Peet hasn’t yet ruled Cade Cust out of Friday’s Super League semi-final against Leeds - and he's labelled Rhinos coach Rohan Smith a 'genius.' Australian stand-off Cust is facing a race against time to be ready for the club’s hoped title run-in.

He came off with an elbow injury in their final regular round game against Catalans Dragons 11 days ago. Cust, 23, has been a big part of Wigan’s impressive season after helping them win the Challenge Cup, although he also injured his other elbow in that contest.

Asked if he’ll be seen in action again this season, Peet said: “It’s hard to tell. “It will be touch and go this week and touch and go next week.

“I’m not trying to be cute, I wouldn’t be surprised either way: I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t quite make it or if he did. Basically, there’s no structural damage so as soon as he can execute certain movements and endure the pain he’ll be OK to play.

“But it’s not an injury that has any long-term danger around it.”

Pressed on whether he’ll be in the 21-man squad for Friday’s decider, Peet added: “If I was naming it now, no. We’ll see how he is in the morning.”

Leeds were worried about relegation after a dismal start to the season but have transformed since Rohan Smith came in in April and sneaked into the top-six with a late surge. They knocked out fourth-placed Catalans on Friday in their play-offs opener and Peet said: “They have found the form we all knew they were capable of.

“I had them in the top two or three squads at the start. It didn’t quite happen for them. It’s hard to know why looking from the outside in.

“But since Rohan came in, he’s galvanised the group and got them playing for each other. Whatever he’s done it’s been genius. You can see the lads love his style and they look like they’re playing in the Leeds way.

“He’s been really intelligent in how he’s brought them together and got his best players playing well. They’ll come here full of confidence and rightly so.

“It’ll be a great game. I think both semi-finals and all four clubs - Wigan, Leeds, Saints and Salford - are going to put on some great semis this weekend.”

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-25007255
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I don’t think we will see Cade on Friday.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Interesting personally im not a big fan of players coming back in for a final - if we make it past leeds my thoughts are unless there are injuries we stick with the same squad regardless who is available again so if Powell or Cust for example dont make the Semi my view is they shouldnt make the final either
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

If there’s nothing structural and it’s just a case of handling the pain, I would expect him to be playing with an injection.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
endoman

Post by endoman »

Shaun1967 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:19 pm If there’s nothing structural and it’s just a case of handling the pain, I would expect him to be playing with an injection.
100%. The days of Dr Zaman spring to mind. If he can play Friday then play him if it won't worsen things.