Play offs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Play offs

Post by nathan_rugby »

Not worth discussing or debating because nobody has any idea what will happen and what the impact will be.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:55 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:31 pm You’d imagine so as the final would be the hardest to move imo the others they probably have more control over gonna be a tight turnaround for both games deffo favours wigan and saints but then again we earnt the right to that luck
I'd have thought that, as thing stand, Wigan and Saints have the advantage of playing teams who haven't had a week off? If there's a delay, it evens things up, surely?
If the teams qualifying for the semis games are pushed back they will get a longer rest in the run up to that first game but I would then think the winners would have a really short turn around till they played us and saints where as currently they will have the full week inbetween those games
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:09 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:55 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:31 pm You’d imagine so as the final would be the hardest to move imo the others they probably have more control over gonna be a tight turnaround for both games deffo favours wigan and saints but then again we earnt the right to that luck
I'd have thought that, as thing stand, Wigan and Saints have the advantage of playing teams who haven't had a week off? If there's a delay, it evens things up, surely?
If the teams qualifying for the semis games are pushed back they will get a longer rest in the run up to that first game but I would then think the winners would have a really short turn around till they played us and saints where as currently they will have the full week inbetween those games
OK, my misunderstanding. I guess that Cats v Leeds will go ahead anyway. Personally, I don't see why the whole comp should be compromised by having a 10-day embargo, but appreciate that I may be in a minority.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

In my opinion I feel the queen could be best celebrated at each event with a minutes silence or applause instead of cancelling events people have been looking forward to etc.
I understand that could come across selfish mind and my apologies if that would offend anyone
Last edited by adam0026 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

No mention of Rugby League yet, but several other events cancelled tomorrow. Could be seen slightly differently with tomorrow’s game being held in France.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62840622
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Confirmed Leeds and cats will go ahead but hudds and Salford under review
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Staement - Dragons v Rhinos

Super League will pay its respects to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II throughout the period of national mourning.

As Friday’s first Betfred Super League Elimination Play-Off is being played in Perpignan, it will go ahead as scheduled, as with other sporting events involving British teams abroad – with a minute’s silence before kick-off, and the players of Catalans Dragons and Leeds Rhinos wearing black armbands.

A determination regarding the second Elimination Play-Off between Huddersfield Giants and Salford Red Devils on Saturday will be made following a review of the official mourning guidance, in addition to further consultation with DCMS and other sports on Friday morning.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/article/3 ... -vs-rhinos
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

For me the fixtures should go ahead as planned with a minutes silence. With the WC coming up and a potential fixture build up in other sports it would cause too much disruption to cancel or rearrange.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I feel it should go ahead as planned with a moment or two silence for good measure but we shall see,no issue with the cats v Leeds game going ahead as it’s in France.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

doc wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:13 pm For me the fixtures should go ahead as planned with a minutes silence. With the WC coming up and a potential fixture build up in other sports it would cause too much disruption to cancel or rearrange.
:|

I was thinking about the the knock in effects of cancellations as regards the WC. For us with a home tie in the playoffs I don’t know how it could be rescheduled with respect to how Latics games will be affected.

Apart from the day of the funeral I expect most things to go ahead. It will be how can I put it, more frivolous entertainment that will be cancelled. Such as TV award programs and game shows. That sort of thing.

I was reading on one newspaper web site earlier the London Stock exchange will close for one or possibly more than one day costing the U.K. economy billions. I don’t think the Queen herself would want that but if the Stock Exchange is doing that it’s not impossible other things like sport could go the same way if the mood demands it. I don’t think it should and currently it doesn’t seem to be the plan but it is possible things could change.