Play offs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Play offs

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

With the extremely sad news about the queen in the event of a national mourning it could be procedure to postpone sporting events but I’m not sure how we will do that without moving the grand final date which I’m not sure again how they would do?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Play offs

Post by Mike »

Pro sports postponed for 10 days. I guess there'll be some mid-week matches to catch up for the GF to stay where it is.

I believe fixtures in general will restart on Sunday 18th. So maybe playoffs round 1 on that day, round 2 midweek and final stays where it is?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

You’d imagine so as the final would be the hardest to move imo the others they probably have more control over gonna be a tight turnaround for both games deffo favours wigan and saints but then again we earnt the right to that luck
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:21 pm Pro sports postponed for 10 days. I guess there'll be some mid-week matches to catch up for the GF to stay where it is.

I believe fixtures in general will restart on Sunday 18th. So maybe playoffs round 1 on that day, round 2 midweek and final stays where it is?
Where did you get that?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Google. And as such, could be bullshit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+lon ... e&ie=UTF-8
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Actually the Operation London Bridge doesn't give firm guidance, so its up to the individual sports for the 10 days, except for the funeral day where everything is cancelled.

So might not be too disruptive depending on the RFL's policy.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
adam0026

Post by adam0026 »

Would the Catalan vs Leeds game be able to go ahead?
Leeds would already be in France I’d have thought along with the fans.

Sorry if I’m coming across distasteful, that’s not the intention
Last edited by adam0026 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Seems like its up to the RFL. But I imagine tomorrow might be too soon?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:31 pm You’d imagine so as the final would be the hardest to move imo the others they probably have more control over gonna be a tight turnaround for both games deffo favours wigan and saints but then again we earnt the right to that luck
I'd have thought that, as thing stand, Wigan and Saints have the advantage of playing teams who haven't had a week off? If there's a delay, it evens things up, surely?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
saint

Post by saint »

10 Days of mourning will start tomorrow with the funeral on day 10 .

I can only see high profile events
Being cancelled during the 10 days and all events cancelled on funeral day .

I guess we will know more tomorrow .