Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Post by moto748 »

It's been another feature of this season; Smithies and Bateman, in the past, you'd wonder if they'd implode at any minute, discipline now much better, and we reap the rewards. Crucial to keep that up, against Leeds more than most.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:51 pm Bentley v Smithies?

I'd previously have had doubts about Smithies getting drawn in, but under Peet and with an extra year of maturity, I think Morgan will outplay him and not respond to provacation.
Smithies does seem he’s raked it in abit his aggression, was abit all over the place last season.
Partington the same, even though he has shown he can lose control every now again still
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Leeds can quite easily beat us and beat us well - we will need to start well IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:17 pm Leeds can quite easily beat us and beat us well - we will need to start well IMO
The reason I wanted Castleford
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I hope Peet gets us to keep cool heads, but also identifies who to wind up (as with wunderkind Welsby). Will make for a great match and a Wigan win.

I'll be watching in the local, surrounded by Rhino's fans. I'm aiming to keep a cool head but identify who to wind up :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

One thing we can my do against Leeds is let them start well and set the tempo.
We let them do that last time and we couldn’t handle them and couldn’t seem to adapt or get out of it
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:17 pm Leeds can quite easily beat us and beat us well - we will need to start well IMO
Spot on, been saying they will be dangerous in the playoffs. Have to be strong upfront and be ready for their BS - no Partington for me and get Smithies, Batman getting in the wind ups first!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Its not a matchup I wanted. I'd have preferred probably any of the other three (although perhaps Salford are as dangerous).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I personally think we will rip leeds apart….. that loss will surely put fire in our bellies….. ill be the most disappointed man on earth if we dont come out fired up….. controlled obviously
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

This could be a game too far for Leeds.
Catalans was an angry, brutal and tiring match for both teams.
If we start strong and powerful up front we won't give their backs and offloads to work.
I really fancy our chances of a good win.