Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:26 pm This could be a game too far for Leeds.
Catalans was an angry, brutal and tiring match for both teams.
If we start strong and powerful up front we won't give their backs and offloads to work.
I really fancy our chances of a good win.
I'm hoping so, a lot rests on Oledzki (spelling), without him and Martin we should be able to match them up front and then its up to the backs.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

RE: Smithies V Bentley

Smithies all day long! I think he is very assertive rather than aggressive and stands his ground well! I think both him and Liam Byrne (youthful forwards), have raised their individual games well this season! As for Bentley, a good player, not in the caliber of Bateman yet (as some suggest), type of player who would do to Blake Green what Ben Westwood did in 2013 imo!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No bans for Leeds for Friday,other than the second game for Martin
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:31 pm No bans for Leeds for Friday,other than the second game for Martin
Unbelievable? No - just what I expected.

See Cats had the book thrown at them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:26 pm RE: Smithies V Bentley

Smithies all day long! I think he is very assertive rather than aggressive and stands his ground well! I think both him and Liam Byrne (youthful forwards), have raised their individual games well this season! As for Bentley, a good player, not in the caliber of Bateman yet (as some suggest), type of player who would do to Blake Green what Ben Westwood did in 2013 imo!
What do you mean, Bentley threw Bateman off him in that one game last year, he's obviously twice the player. (According to sky)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:31 pm No bans for Leeds for Friday,other than the second game for Martin
How did we do. Surely Jai gets a ban for overcelebrating his award? :P
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:26 pm RE: Smithies V Bentley

Bentley reminds me abit of Jake Connor, has a lot of potential and ability but choose to be more wind up merchants and sh*thouses!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I think we have the pack to mix it with anyone now, however Faz will be a big miss.
Cooper has been a big plus since he came.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Has anyone heard or does anyone know which stand we will be in at Old Trafford 😊

*no I’m not saying the two letter word 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote:Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:16 pm Has anyone heard or does anyone know which stand we will be in at Old Trafford 😊

*no I’m not saying the two letter word
How many chickens did you say you have, Josie? :P
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐