A tribute to Tommy\

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

A tribute to Tommy\

Post by josie andrews »

Special jersey launched in tribute of Thomas Leuluai.

Black shirt features elements of Leuluai’s heritage.

997 are on sale now, get yours by clicking HERE.

To pay tribute to Club legend Thomas Leuluai, Wigan Warriors are delighted to launch a special jersey in his name.

Leuluai recently announced that after 20 seasons as a Rugby League professional he would retire at the end of the 2022 campaign. In his 12 years with Wigan, the 37-year-old has earned himself a place in Warriors folklore having played 326 games, scoring 74 tries and winning eight major honours.

As a celebration of his career and for his service to Wigan, the Club are pleased to release this jersey.

Designed by Official Technical Kit Partner, hummel, the black shirt features his name “Leuluai” and Heritage Number “997” outlining the Club’s badge.

It also features elements of Leuluai’s heritage including the fern – the national symbol of New Zealand – as well as a Warrior – a word synonymous with him as a player on the field.

In tribute of his Heritage Number, only 997 shirts are available, and you can buy yours today by clicking HERE or visiting our Club Store in person at Robin Park Arena.

Executive Director, Kris Radlinski, said: “This is a tribute to a special Rugby League player and a great bloke. The top symbolises Tommy’s cultural DNA. It also represents strength, determination and unity – the qualities of a Warrior. We all know that Tommy is a Warrior in every sense of the word.”

Kylie Leuluai, cousin of Thomas, added: “It’s very humbling of the Club. The shirt represents his people and it’s a great gesture. There will be some immense pride when his family see the shirt.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... -to-tommy/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: A tribute to Tommy\

Post by Firestarter »

Pretty poor shirt that josie…… im sure we could have designed a nicer one….. good thst it has the kiwi touch though…… should be cherry and white with hints of black kiwi
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Love Wee Tam to bits but that's a pretty naff shirt

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Great player, top man, but he has played a year too long. Mind you, he went out with another CC winners medal.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Tommy has been great for us, even though I’ve always thought he’s hooker not a scrum half.
Good luck in his new role at Wigan, another thing that raises an eyebrow for me but I hope it works out
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

He's been a great player and it was great to see him pick up that Challenge Cup win. Now that he's gone what's the plan for a back-up halfback when either Smith or Cust are missing? We may give Field more games at 6 (If Bevan stays) but we'll probably need another body at some point. Are any of the reserves likely to be able to step up next season?