Bilkos opinion.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Bilkos opinion.

Post by DaveO »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 pm Some fans may have been listening on the Club feed and I would like some reports on how Bilko told of the game sliding away from us please.
Why? Now he’s almost famous his opinions will are bound to be biased :?

Whether they have reached the level of bias exhibited by Liam Moore or Phil Clarke is a topic worth debating. The “I used to play for/am from/or supported Wigan” clique of ref/media luvvies of which Bilko must now obviously be part of cannot be relied on to provide objective unbiased opinion! :lol:
Seinfeld79

Post by Seinfeld79 »

Well I for one always value Bilko's opinion. No idea why you are so negative about it Dave - if you've got a specific example of why you think he is biased then I'm sure you'd be happy to share it? He always appears to provide a well balanced view to me, although I didn't hear his commentary on Friday.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Bilko wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:20 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:57 pm Who is he?
It's a good question.
🤣👍 take care Bilko.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Bilko wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:12 pm I think he feared Pre Game that with Leuluai in the team, Leeds would close ranks on Smith, knowing most play would go through him, and force play the other way. Unfortunately no one else could execute a well timed pass or a quality kick.

Ultimately play broke down far too often for a match of this calibre. He felt Leeds got their tactics right. Adding that they were never going to have full energy in tank so hanging in and pouncing with a second wind did the job. Had we got to 10 or 14-0 that first half territory deserved he felt we wouldn't have looked back but we sadly didn't and "couldn't buy any fortune" once that horse had bolted.

He did think though that even had we managed to win that next week would have been a bridge too far without Cust, Farrell and probably French way he looked. Almighty cogs just lost at the wrong time.
Excellent. Ta very much. Think that the second paragraph sums up exactly what many fans would be thinking. I just fear that facing a 4/5 match ban Bateman will not be able to 'work off' his ban by games in the World Cup however much Shaun Wane might think of him, he will realise that it would be a criminal waste of a place in the selection of the forwards.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:31 am
Excellent. Ta very much. Think that the second paragraph sums up exactly what many fans would be thinking. I just fear that facing a 4/5 match ban Bateman will not be able to 'work off' his ban by games in the World Cup however much Shaun Wane might think of him, he will realise that it would be a criminal waste of a place in the selection of the forwards.
Why? The others who, have/or, are facing bans will be able to use the World Cup to "work off", as you put it, their bans! So why not Bateman?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan