Bilkos opinion.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Bilkos opinion.

Post by ian.birchall »

I was at the game on Friday evening so did not hear Bilkos commentary. I always look on him as the fans fan who describes the game as it really is not as we might hope it is, in fact on some not so top games I often prefer to, listening to Bilko
Some fans may have been listening on the Club feed and I would like some reports on how Bilko told of the game sliding away from us please.
Last edited by ian.birchall on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Bilko

Re: Bilkos opinion.

Post by Bilko »

I think he feared Pre Game that with Leuluai in the team, Leeds would close ranks on Smith, knowing most play would go through him, and force play the other way. Unfortunately no one else could execute a well timed pass or a quality kick.

Ultimately play broke down far too often for a match of this calibre. He felt Leeds got their tactics right. Adding that they were never going to have full energy in tank so hanging in and pouncing with a second wind did the job. Had we got to 10 or 14-0 that first half territory deserved he felt we wouldn't have looked back but we sadly didn't and "couldn't buy any fortune" once that horse had bolted.

He did think though that even had we managed to win that next week would have been a bridge too far without Cust, Farrell and probably French way he looked. Almighty cogs just lost at the wrong time.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Who is he?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:57 pm Who is he?
It's a good question.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well, thanks for that, anyway. I was interested too.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko is the sidekick to Joe Mills who commentate on the Wigan games on Mixlr
Our regular commentary team of Joe Mills and Bilko (Andrew Rimmer) will bring you full commentary, with coverage starting 10 minutes before kick-off (7:50pm)

You can also follow live text updates, or join in the conversation on Twitter.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... emi-final/
He has something to do, I think, with RLFans group or used to anyway. It was the Cherry & ’Whites branch of it. He always used to do the write ups about the academy teams when we were at Orrell.

He has loads of facts on that page if it’s still online about rugby league but mainly about Wigan. Cracking bloke 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

For someone like me who is beyond the pale (that's south of Watford - a long way south, actually) I'd like to thank Joe Mills and Bilko for their always funny and insightful commentaries. Always keep them on especially if the match is on Sky.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Southern Softy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:38 am For someone like me who is beyond the pale (that's south of Watford - a long way south, actually) I'd like to thank Joe Mills and Bilko for their always funny and insightful commentaries. Always keep them on especially if the match is on Sky.

Absolutely. They were a lifeline for me when I lived Down South, and still enjoy listening to them now. It's a shame they are not still on Wish FM though. Mate of mine's Mum used to like to listen on the radio, and not everyone,especially older folks, are all set up with computers and wi-fi. Not that any of that is Bilko's fault, of course.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Mills catchphrase "Too Easy!" :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Bilko's catchphrase "Actually, it was Marshall, Joe."