Bateman grade D charge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Bateman grade D charge

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Bateman in Knights squad for Scotland and France games .

Ploy to use up games from any ban he gets handed

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/60 ... rnationals

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/60 ... view-panel

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
doc

Re: Bateman grade D charge

Post by doc »

I think its definitely a ploy to use up a few games of his ban, especially as he can also count the pre tournament friendly. Guess they didn't need to include Knowles as his 2 matches will be eaten up by the GF and the friendly.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors forward John Bateman receives three-match ban after sending off in Semi-Final

He will miss England's opening World Cup game if selected in Shaun Wane's side

John Bateman has received a three-match ban for Dangerous Contact on Aiden Sezer during Wigan Warriors' semi-final defeat to Leeds Rhinos. The news comes hours after St Helens forward Morgan Knowles saw his Grand Final dreams shattered as the RFL upheld his two-game ban.

Bateman, who was controversially named in Paul Anderson's England Knights side on Tuesday afternoon despite essentially having no chance of being available to feature in either game, will serve the first of his three suspended for the Knights against France B in early October and the second will be taken up by England's warm-up game against Fiji on October 7, if he is named in Shaun Wane's 24-man squad for the World Cup next week.

This outcome effectively means the Wigan Warriors back-rower will only miss England's opening game of the World Cup against Samoa at Newcastle United's St James Park and will be free to play against France and Greece. However, as previously mentioned, the decision made by the RFL has raised eyebrows about the process that carries domestic suspensions carrying over to international games, with many people believing Bateman's ban should count for England's senior team.

The fact England and the RFL have exploited a loophole in their own disciplinary process has made a mockery of the whole system and has rightly enraged many people. Still, the blunt fact is the decision has been made now, and Bateman will likely feature for Shaun Wane's side by the end of the group stages and will be determined to prove the doubters wrong if he gets to represent England come October.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Many as I who.

Domestic bans for stuff like a high tackles should not impact internationals.

The only bans that should impact are ones for intentional misconduct (punch/close lines/ fingers up bums)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Given how infrequent internationals are, if international bans only counted on international games then you could have players banned from internationals for years on a 3 game ban!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Get stains to appeal it for him he'll end up with a knighthood.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Maybe he should take up bell ringing :shock:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im gonna chicken wing everyone i see saturday night when im out….. see what the cops do when i say im a saint
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:23 pm Im gonna chicken wing everyone i see saturday night when im out….. see what the cops do when i say im a saint
Joking aside its an absalute disgrace
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE