French Stays

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: French Stays

Post by Barney841 »

DaveO wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:01 am
moto748 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 am I thought, like, I guess most of us, that hoping to hang on to Jai *and* Bevan was way too optimistic, so massive congratulations to the club for making it happen.
Same here. I didn’t think we could compete with the wages on offer in the NRL and with a new team requiring more players starting up I was sure he’d be off.

I am going to guess even though he has set light to SL any offers from the NRL were not mega star money so while no doubt he’s on a high wage for SL he wasn’t made an offer he could not refuse by an NRL club. Their loss.

He also looks genuinely pleased to be here for the next few seasons and made up about it so this is good to see.
Field and French look brilliant over here but they don’t stand out as much(if not at all) in the NRL. That’s why their wages might be better here in the UK, maybe that’s why they choose to stay
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:42 am
moto748 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 am I thought, like, I guess most of us, that hoping to hang on to Jai *and* Bevan was way too optimistic, so massive congratulations to the club for making it happen.
Same here. I didn’t think we could compete with the wages on offer in the NRL and with a new team requiring more players starting up I was sure he’d be off.

I am going to guess even though he has set light to SL any offers from the NRL were not mega star money so while no doubt he’s on a high wage for SL he wasn’t made an offer he could not refuse by an NRL club. Their loss.

He also looks genuinely pleased to be here for the next few seasons and made up about it so this is good to see.
Field and French look brilliant over here but they don’t stand out as much(if not at all) in the NRL. That’s why their wages might be better here in the UK, maybe that’s why they choose to stay
Or they may just like it 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:50 am

Oh I’m sure they do.
The point I’m making is that they seem like world beaters over here and deserve good wages, but over in Australia I think it’s abit different
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:54 am

Oh I’m sure they do.
The point I’m making is that they seem like world beaters over here and deserve good wages, but over in Australia I think it’s abit different
I knew what you meant Barney, was just being a bit facetious 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:56 am
Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:54 am

Oh I’m sure they do.
I knew what you meant Barney, was just being a bit facetious 😊
👍