2022 Super League Awards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: 2022 Super League Awards

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:45 pm Croft man of steel..fine player to be fair
Was trying to post at the same time it wouldn’t load 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:46 pm MoS 2022

Brodie Croft
I’ve no problem with that. If Brodie had played at Saints it could quite well have been a different result.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Fair enough. Field was MOS first half of the year no doubt, French second half IMO, but unless you're a saints hooker who only has to play 35 mins a game, you've got to be consistent all the way through.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wonder if anyone at Wigan fancies signing another reigning Man of Steel from Salford 🤣
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 pm Fair enough. Field was MOS first half of the year no doubt, French second half IMO, but unless you're a saints hooker who only has to play 35 mins a game, you've got to be consistent all the way through.
French and Field will have taken points off each other. Meanwhile Salford only have Croft as their outstanding player. So while in the first half of the season Field might have been leading, I’d bet Croft was picking up points regularly as MoM and continued to do so in the second half when French put some good performances in.

I suppose what I am saying is a team with a single stand out player will stand a better chance of him averaging a higher points total than one with two players who are outstanding because he will get MoM nearly every week and get his three points whereas French and Field won’t as they take points off each other.

It’s a daft system for that reason because the last thing you need is a teammate who is any good if you want to win it.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Croft has had a great 2nd half of the season, I 'm happy with him or Field getting it.

Field probably didn't get the point he deserved on making many of the tried in the 2nd half of the season and French would have taken most of them.
Charriots Offiah

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:10 pm Wonder if anyone at Wigan fancies signing another reigning Man of Steel from Salford 🤣
I’d have him in a heartbeat. Different class to Hastings in my opinion.
Charriots Offiah

DaveO wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:36 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:07 pm Fair enough. Field was MOS first half of the year no doubt, French second half IMO, but unless you're a saints hooker who only has to play 35 mins a game, you've got to be consistent all the way through.
French and Field will have taken points off each other. Meanwhile Salford only have Croft as their outstanding player. So while in the first half of the season Field might have been leading, I’d bet Croft was picking up points regularly as MoM and continued to do so in the second half when French put some good performances in.

I suppose what I am saying is a team with a single stand out player will stand a better chance of him averaging a higher points total than one with two players who are outstanding because he will get MoM nearly every week and get his three points whereas French and Field won’t as they take points off each other.

It’s a daft system for that reason because the last thing you need is a teammate who is any good if you want to win it.
I agree Dave. I have said before that the system is flawed. It is better than it was but not good enough. I have a suggestion, let each team vote for their own player of the season, because in my view that is the biggest accolade and then have a panel to choose from the nominations.
Pieman13

Post by Pieman13 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:11 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:10 pm Wonder if anyone at Wigan fancies signing another reigning Man of Steel from Salford 🤣
I’d have him in a heartbeat. Different class to Hastings in my opinion.
Agree, way better than Hastings and would be perfect along side Smith. Shame we didn't get him instead of Cust :lol: Still like Cust tho and probably on less than Croft.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

That isn’t really true as it’s based on a voting system each game.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."