Ian Lenagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Ian Lenagan

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:43 am
PJC wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:35 am Excellent news and well done to all concerned……..next one longer term Jai Field?
Both contracted until the end of 2024 as it is, Bevan with 2 individual years to trigger at the end of 2024 & 2025 & Field with the option of 1 further year at the end of 2024.
I said to Jai on Sunday when I presented him with his award that I hope he would be like Pat Richards & stays here for almost 10 years & hopefully end his career over here at Wigan 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

outback wiganer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:09 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:04 pm Some wont like to give IL any kudos!
Credit where credits due.
Agree entirely!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:51 am I'll criticise and praise IL where I feel appropriate.

Sounds like he's done very well on this one.
Agree
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Totally agree with this conversation - hats off to IL & Rads and all the others involved in getting this over the line.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Brilliant work - and tying up Field with little fuss was fabulous as well.
I would also praise Peet again. These are professionals with high standards, who could easily have gone elsewhere. The regime Peet has installed is so good that they now see staying with us as a great career choice.
We have so many treats in store for us!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:14 pm Brilliant work - and tying up Field with little fuss was fabulous as well.
I would also praise Peet again. These are professionals with high standards, who could easily have gone elsewhere. The regime Peet has installed is so good that they now see staying with us as a great career choice.
Agree Well said.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:14 pm Brilliant work - and tying up Field with little fuss was fabulous as well.
Well put.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Very pleased about Field. I thought it was just next season
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Thanks for the Christmas present Ian
Vicar of Dibley

Post by Vicar of Dibley »

Brilliant to have Bevan signed up, and full credit to Ian Leneghan and Kris Radlinski.
Without contradicting that, I do think that many posts, on this thread and others, underplay the most vital reason for Bevan staying. Not money, not even in the contract.

If you read what Matt Peet said, he talked about “love”. With all Bevan has been through, and his ongoing concern for his brother/family, I think that this sense of family - involving love, belonging, security, loyalty and so on - has been more important to Bevan than money or other factors.

Peet’s approach from Day 1 was to foster this culture in the club, and Rads has always had a more caring approach than many. It may result in a “jobs for the boys” policy, but it’s also helped us keep a star like French.

Well done, Mr Peet!