Six Warriors in Knights squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Six Warriors in Knights squad

Post by josie andrews »

Six Warriors have been named in England Knights Squad for Autumn Internationals.

Bateman, Halsall, Havard, Partington, Pearce-Paul and Smithies all selected by Paul Anderson.

Knights will face France B in Bordeaux on Sunday 2 October and Scotland in Edinburgh on Saturday 8.

England Knights Head Coach Paul Anderson has named his squad for the forthcoming autumn internationals against France B in Bordeaux on Sunday 2nd October and Scotland in Edinburgh on Saturday 8th, with six Warriors selected.

The 21 players are drawn from nine Betfred Super League clubs – testimony to the strength of the development systems now in place at club level.

Wigan’s John Bateman, Sam Halsall, Ethan Havard, Oliver Partington, Kai Pearce-Paul and Morgan Smithies have all been named.

England Knights Head Coach Paul Anderson said: “I’m proud that so many of these players have come through the England performance pathway and that is also a real credit to the development systems in place at the clubs themselves. Travelling to France and then Scotland in the space of a week is exactly the sort of experience we want to give these players to prepare them for the different challenges of international rugby, especially with an eye on the 2025 World Cup in France.”

England Knights Squad

John Bateman (Wigan Warriors), Jon Bennison (St Helens), Deon Cross (Salford Red Devils), Matt English (Huddersfield Giants), Sam Halsall, Ethan Havard (both Wigan Warriors), Jordan Lane (Hull FC), Mikey Lewis (Hull KR), Jez Litten (Hull KR), Ellis Longstaff, Matt Nicholson (both Warrington Wolves), Oliver Partington, Kai Pearce-Paul (both Wigan Warriors), Will Pryce, Olly Russell (both Huddersfield Giants), Morgan Smithies (Wigan Warriors), Josh Thewlis (Warrington Wolves), Liam Tindall (Leeds Rhinos), Owen Trout (Huddersfield Giants), Danny Walker (Warrington Wolves), Matt Whitley (Catalans Dragons).

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... hts-squad/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Six Warriors in Knights squad

Post by josie andrews »

I messaged KPP about his inclusion in the Knights squad as Shaun Wane had also named him in the main England squad earlier this season.

He replied it was to give Waney a chance to watch him play in the England set up again.

Surely he has seen enough watching him play for Wigan? 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

I messaged KPP about his inclusion in the Knights squad as Shaun Wane had also named him in the main England squad earlier this season.

He replied it was to give Waney a chance to watch him play in the England set up again.

Surely he has seen enough watching him play for Wigan? 🤔
Any info as to why Harry hasn’t made the squad? You’d have thought he’d be a shoe in unless he’s either a late call up the WC squad or he’s switched to Wales.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I can't get very enthusiastic about the World Cup but I hope this means Liam Marshall is in the senior squad.

Litten's played very well every time I've seen him.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Morgan Smithies is surely a bolter for the full England squad for the world cup
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Southern Softy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:01 pm I can't get very enthusiastic about the World Cup but I hope this means Liam Marshall is in the senior squad.

Litten's played very well every time I've seen him.
I'm looking forward to it personally, if anything more because the Pacific Islands squads must be very strong
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

There is a lot of talk on NRL360 regarding players that have chosen to represent Pacific Island nations, calls for some teams to be made Tier one nations so they cannot have a choice of who to represent and therefore they have to commit to Australia if they want to play Origin