Welcome Toby King

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Welcome Toby King

Post by josie andrews »

Toby King sat down with Wigan TV for his first interview since joining the Warriors.

King: “Matt has put a lot of belief in me, he loves the type of player that I am so hopefully I can get stuck in with him and get back to form.”

Watch the full interview on Wigan TV HERE.

After signing for Wigan earlier this year, Toby King has arrived at Robin Park Arena to give his first interview as a Warrior.

On signing on a season-long loan, he said: “I think it surprised a few people, myself included. I didn’t really have much time to tell anyone, it kind of happened overnight but I’ve just had my first look around the place and I’m really excited to get started.

I’m blown away by it, the facilities are just second to none – I’ve never seen anything like it to be honest. I’m pretty impressed, I’ve seen all the physio staff, met all the strength and conditioners so it’s got to put names to faces already. They’re happy with me so I’m ready to rip in now when pre-season starts.”

King joins having previously played for Warrington, and most recently on loan at Huddersfield Giants: “I’ve sort of been all over the shop this year but Matt has put a lot of belief in me, he loves the type of player that I am so hopefully I can get stuck in with him and get back to form. That would be brilliant and I’m so excited for it now.

“I think quite a few people know what I like to do, I keep chasing, love catching kicks, love competing with the ball in the air and getting an early ball. That is something I’ve spoken with Matt about, he agrees about getting the early ball in space and just making tackles one-v-one. Hopefully I can bring a lot to the Club with that sort of stuff.”

On his hopes for 2023, he said: “I want to get in some really good form and I want to win stuff and I’m at a Club where they do that, they compete and are always at the top end of the table and had some success in 2022. The only one I haven’t won is the special one at the end of the year, so to join on here and hopefully do that would be really good.”

He added: “It’s important but an exciting time. I really want to stamp my mark now, I managed to win a few things at Warrington but I want to kick on now and win a lot more and I’m at the right place to do that. I’m just really excited to get in some good form here and I think the enjoyment will come after that.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... toby-king/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan