Bibby departs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Bibby departs Wigan

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors confirm that Jake Bibby has departed the Club and signed for Huddersfield Giants on a permanent deal.

In his three seasons at his boyhood Club, Bibby played 73 games, scored 27 tries and became a Challenge Cup winner after playing at centre in the Final against Huddersfield in May this year.

Head Coach, Matt Peet, said: “Jake should be very proud of his three years at Wigan. He has delivered everything as expected and contributed to some outstanding moments. He is a quality professional and we wish him and his family all the best for the future.”

Everyone at Wigan Warriors thanks Jake for his time at the Club and wishes him well for the future.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... rts-wigan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
up the junction

Re: Bibby departs Wigan

Post by up the junction »

Thanks for the service and good luck for the future .
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

He did a job for us but with bringing in Wardle and King I think his play time would be limited, so a good move to get regular game time
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Good luck to him. He put in a shift for us whenever called upon.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I wish him well I suspect Watson will get the best out of him.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lets hope he keeps jumping out of the line when we play them next year. Good luck to him, he did pretty well for us.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Can’t carry a player like bibby when you’re moving forward. Slow and constantly jumps out the line. Wish him all the best at Huddersfield but I find it a bit baffling that we actually tried to keep him. Wardle king halsall kpp I’d all have in front
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:08 pm Can’t carry a player like bibby when you’re moving forward. Slow and constantly jumps out the line. Wish him all the best at Huddersfield but I find it a bit baffling that we actually tried to keep him. Wardle king halsall kpp I’d all have in front
Tried to keep him before getting King and Wardle or before?

Tried to keep him to play on the wing?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:20 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:08 pm Can’t carry a player like bibby when you’re moving forward. Slow and constantly jumps out the line. Wish him all the best at Huddersfield but I find it a bit baffling that we actually tried to keep him. Wardle king halsall kpp I’d all have in front
Tried to keep him before getting King and Wardle or before?

Tried to keep him to play on the wing?
French Marshall Miski all ahead on the wing you’d say. A centre was coming in no matter what even if bibby was staying which would push him down the pecking order. I just don’t think he’s Wigan quality at all
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suprised no wardle announcement yet
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE