Bibby departs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bibby departs Wigan

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:23 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:20 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:08 pm Can’t carry a player like bibby when you’re moving forward. Slow and constantly jumps out the line. Wish him all the best at Huddersfield but I find it a bit baffling that we actually tried to keep him. Wardle king halsall kpp I’d all have in front
Tried to keep him before getting King and Wardle or before?

Tried to keep him to play on the wing?
French Marshall Miski all ahead on the wing you’d say. A centre was coming in no matter what even if bibby was staying which would push him down the pecking order. I just don’t think he’s Wigan quality at all
I agree. The team needs to evolve if we are to catch and pass Saints, that means we need to retain our best talent and replace some players by better one’s. Jake has been ok for Wigan but you get what you pay for and Wigan has decided that the salary cap can best be used on new players. That’s the type of ruthlessness I am expecting from the management. Having said that, I wish Jake all the best in the future.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:36 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:20 pm

Tried to keep him before getting King and Wardle or before?

Tried to keep him to play on the wing?
French Marshall Miski all ahead on the wing you’d say. A centre was coming in no matter what even if bibby was staying which would push him down the pecking order. I just don’t think he’s Wigan quality at all
I agree. The team needs to evolve if we are to catch and pass Saints, that means we need to retain our best talent and replace some players by better one’s. Jake has been ok for Wigan but you get what you pay for and Wigan has decided that the salary cap can best be used on new players. That’s the type of ruthlessness I am expecting from the management. Having said that, I wish Jake all the best in the future.
People are labelling average players squad players now. Would saints carry players like partington or bibby around ? I don’t think so. Time to move on from the players that have reached their peak and strive higher. We aren’t winning a comp with partington on the bench and bibby at centre against this current saints team
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:08 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:36 pm

People are labelling average players squad players now. Would saints carry players like partington or bibby around ? I don’t think so. Time to move on from the players that have reached their peak and strive higher. We aren’t winning a comp with partington on the bench and bibby at centre against this current saints team
Agreed.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Your entitled to your opinion above but in mine your talking rubbish. Bibby I will admit has had a quiet year this time but has been a very good player for us in 2021. (Playing wing not centre)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:26 am Your entitled to your opinion above but in mine your talking rubbish. Bibby I will admit has had a quiet year this time but has been a very good player for us in 2021. (Playing wing not centre)
I think you’re wrong personally. He shown out because of how bad we was. His strength was carries out of his own half. His negatives is that he constantly rushes out the defence and has no pace or step. Is he better than any 5 of saints wingers
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Didn’t he score a decent try in a Grand Final on the wing, which could have been, had Hardaker kicked a goal, the winning try? He wasn’t that weak a link, compared with some, but he is now being reunited with his Salford coach, and so may feel more appreciated there. We should be looking to upgrade everywhere we can, and if we get 2/3 quality centres then we will be much stronger.

Good luck to him, he always put in a shift.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:57 am Didn’t he score a decent try in a Grand Final on the wing, which could have been, had Hardaker kicked a goal, the winning try? He wasn’t that weak a link, compared with some, but he is now being reunited with his Salford coach, and so may feel more appreciated there. We should be looking to upgrade everywhere we can, and if we get 2/3 quality centres then we will be much stronger.

Think Bibby was also our highest goal scorer that season too 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:00 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:57 am Didn’t he score a decent try in a Grand Final on the wing, which could have been, had Hardaker kicked a goal, the winning try? He wasn’t that weak a link, compared with some, but he is now being reunited with his Salford coach, and so may feel more appreciated there. We should be looking to upgrade everywhere we can, and if we get 2/3 quality centres then we will be much stronger.

Did not know he kicked goals i think you mean top try scorer
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think Bibby was also our highest try scorer that season too 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:08 am

Did not know he kicked goals i think you mean top try scorer
Yes I did! Bloody iPad makes its own mind up at times as to what I’m typing!