2023 captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WarriorWinger

Re: 2023 captain

Post by WarriorWinger »

medlocke wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 pm No doubt Powell will get it for his superb work helping old ladies cross the road :D
The only thing is, Powell struggles to keep up with the old dears :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:57 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 pm No doubt Powell will get it for his superb work helping old ladies cross the road :D
The only thing is, Powell struggles to keep up with the old dears :D
Stop this derailing the thread!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I do actually believe they will want to get Powell involved with the captaincy is some way, so I can see another leadership team with Farrell, Bateman and Powell.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

It certainly has to be Farrell, who else has been so Wigan through and through for years! Never seen Farrell have a poor season! I've been a huge advocate for Farrell as captain on this forum for the past 18 months. A few have responded saying he isn't vocal enough? So if that's the case, who's the 'vocal captain' we need?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:03 pm It certainly has to be Farrell, who else has been so Wigan through and through for years! Never seen Farrell have a poor season! I've been a huge advocate for Farrell as captain on this forum for the past 18 months. A few have responded saying he isn't vocal enough? So if that's the case, who's the 'vocal captain' we need?
It's got to be Farrell for me as well, He is a complete professional, I remember when I used to pull Lockers up for not being a vocal captain and 90% of the site would come down on me, I wonder what's changed?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:36 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:03 pm It certainly has to be Farrell, who else has been so Wigan through and through for years! Never seen Farrell have a poor season! I've been a huge advocate for Farrell as captain on this forum for the past 18 months. A few have responded saying he isn't vocal enough? So if that's the case, who's the 'vocal captain' we need?
It's got to be Farrell for me as well, He is a complete professional, I remember when I used to pull Lockers up for not being a vocal captain and 90% of the site would come down on me, I wonder what's changed?
It wasn’t because you said Lockers was quiet, you deliberately pulled him up on anything & constantly comparing him to Andy Farrell. He didn’t need to shout & bawl at players like Farrell, he showed by example.

It took several years until you finally realised he was his own man & if anything proved he was a better player than you originally gave him credit for!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:07 pm
It wasn’t because you said Lockers was quiet, you deliberately pulled him up on anything & constantly comparing him to Andy Farrell. He didn’t need to shout & bawl at players like Farrell, he showed by example.

It took several years until you finally realised he was his own man & if anything proved he was a better player than you originally gave him credit for!
I was thinking more of the beginning, before I got a little obsessed with it
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:17 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:07 pm

I was thinking more of the beginning, before I got a little obsessed with it
😂😂
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Farrell is the obvious candidate but i would imagine a return to a leadership group is more likely with Powell, Farrell and Bateman
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

:lol:

Brilliant meds!
You do know there’s a topic for this kind of thing :D