Green Vigo

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: Green Vigo

Post by jaws1 »

Can remember his first game 7000 on a Saturday afternoon a team match think he scored 4 tries.Did not like his hair cut and had it all shave off pity the drink got to him as he would have been sensational.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:51 pm Can remember his first game 7000 on a Saturday afternoon a team match think he scored 4 tries.Did not like his hair cut and had it all shave off pity the drink got to him as he would have been sensational.
You are so lucky to be able to remember so far back 😊 I’ve a job to remember last season at times 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:39 am
jaws1 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:51 pm Can remember his first game 7000 on a Saturday afternoon a team match think he scored 4 tries.Did not like his hair cut and had it all shave off pity the drink got to him as he would have been sensational.
You are so lucky to be able to remember so far back 😊 I’ve a job to remember last season at times 😂
Can remember way back Josie but cant remember last week and names are a thing I cant remember.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:46 am
josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:39 am
Can remember way back Josie but cant remember last week and names are a thing I cant remember.
Me too! Forget 2 of my nieces 3 boys regularly & loads of people’s names. Faces okay names 🤔🤔🤔
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

If it’s proved to be connected to having Early Onset Dementia, can you sue the RFL for not protecting you from the emotional battering you have received supporting a club?
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:02 pm If it’s proved to be connected to having Early Onset Dementia, can you sue the RFL for not protecting you from the emotional battering you have received supporting a club?
😂😂
Richard de la Riviere

Post by Richard de la Riviere »

Hi,
I'm really pleased people enjoyed the interview with Green. It took me ages to get him, and I needed Graham Starkey, Roy Seddon (the scout who recommended Green to Wigan) and John Gray to convince Green to speak to me. In the end, he was fabulous to deal with.
I've now interviewed so many Wigan legends over the years that next year I hope to have a book published with them all.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Richard de la Riviere wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:42 pm Hi,
I'm really pleased people enjoyed the interview with Green. It took me ages to get him, and I needed Graham Starkey, Roy Seddon (the scout who recommended Green to Wigan) and John Gray to convince Green to speak to me. In the end, he was fabulous to deal with.
I've now interviewed so many Wigan legends over the years that next year I hope to have a book published with them all.

That is great news, will purchase your book & look forward to reading it

You can confirm on here hopefully when it is when published, I’m sure many Wigan fans on this site will also look forward to reading it.

Thank you 😊
Richard de la Riviere

Post by Richard de la Riviere »

thank you!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Richard de la Riviere wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:04 pm thank you!
Count me in as well. Perhaps you could ask the players you have interviewed to sign copies?