20 years and counting

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: 20 years and counting

Post by the pieman »

medlocke wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:46 pm Joined 16 years ago, The headlines on that great day said "Wigan sack Millward as the golden touch deserts coach" :D

i bet that was your 1st post Meds - Millward out, and the club duly obliged a couple of hours later :) :)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

16 years for me

Its funny how some posters just vanished - i mean we know CP went down funny road but GeoffN and Fraggle remember them?

and who could forget Turf and his stories :lol:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:15 pm
Welski wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:27 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:07 pm

I think I started the first version of the site in 1993/4 or something? That's if I've remembered my own age correctly.

I remember it as a black background … one user I recall was someone called “nitsua” was it?
I know nitsua 😊 it’s her surname spelt backwards her first name is Eileen 😊
She lived in Ireland, oh well done to the boys yesterday, great win over Jamaica.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kitt green warriors wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:01 am
josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:41 am
kitt green warriors wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:41 am I joined September 23rd 2007, so that's just over 15 years, we left in 2013, (The boys did the double for me), that's what I used to say was going to happen to the regulars in the East stand around me, my last match was the Grand final and we left on the Monday for Bris Vegas, time flies!, I wonder what's changed in Wigan in 10 years but I bet Kitt Green hasn't changed that much?. PS, I'm looking forward to meeting Lee Briers in January at the Broncos members day, he was a hated man when I was there but I must admit I've changed my tune!. Also what happened to the Oracle that was CP Wigan?
It hasn’t changed very much 😊 I live very close to the farm on Latham Lane, the owners who I’m friends with 🥰

Although they tried again to take over the green belt The Bell & the Blackpool Donkey Sanctuary which home there. Company’s wanted planning permission to build a road & warehouses from the M6 at Orrell all the way through to Heinz. But our petitioning of the council got it withdrawn again, they planners tried once before you must have been living here then. I didn’t want lorries & warehouses on my back garden when there is already a massive site at Walthew Lane with loads of land & lots of empty buildings. They already took over part of Porters Wood!

Give my regards to Lee Briers, became quite friendly with him while he was here 😊
You're right Josie, we were still there the first time they tried for that road. I'm led to believe they've started building on the old Abby Guest site, that's going to make Ormskirk Rd a nightmare, I'm also told that the town centre is a ghost town nowadays and worst of all the pound bakery isn't a pound for 2 anymore, and Galloways, well what can I say, I fantasise about a meat n potato pie but not at the prices I see £2.60 a pie!!!!.
Orrell, Ormskirk, Gathurst & Spring Roads are all a nightmare! Yes they’re building on the old Abraham Guest cschool but not sure what.

Standish is horrendous!! Building houses all over the green belt.Old Pepper Lane, Pepper Lane, Rectory Lane all the green belt, even the bloody golf course has now got housing on it! The trouble is the houses being built are unaffordable for local people & are all inhabited by outsiders & big city commuters!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan