Morgan Smithies

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Morgan Smithies

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Time to extend his contract.
josie andrews

Re: Morgan Smithies

Post by josie andrews »

He is contracted until 2023, but I’m sure the club will re-sign Morgan, great young player. Watched him coming thru the academies. He is only going to get better & better & only turns 22 in November 😊
Matt Peet will lead Wigan Warriors next season and he has a squad which is largely committed beyond the end of 2022 already.

All six of their new signings in the off-season were given identical-length contracts of two years with the option for a third, with only John Bateman and Harry Smith confirmed to be in place for another three years.

Among the crop yet to extend beyond next year are some big names through, including *Liam Farrell and almost all of the Warriors spine in *Jai Field, *Bevan French, Zak Hardaker, Thomas Leuluai and Sam Powell.

Here’s when every senior player’s contract is set to expire…

Jake Bibby, *Liam Farrell, *Jai Field, *Bevan French, Zak Hardaker (option until 2023), *Ethan Havard (option until 2023), Thomas Leuluai, *Sam Powell.

*Liam Byrne, Cade Cust (option until 2024), Kaide Ellis (option until 2024), Willie Isa, Patrick Mago (option until 2024),* Liam Marshall (option until 2024), Abbas Miski (option until 2024), Oliver Partington, Kai Pearce-Paul, Ramon Silva (option until 2024), Brad Singleton, Morgan Smithies, Iain Thornley (option until 2024).

John Bateman (option until 2025), Harry Smith.

Undisclosed

Sam Halsall, Umyla Hanley, James McDonnell, Brad O’Neill, Joe Shorrocks.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... -runs-out/
This is from the start of 2022

*I’m sure the starred players have already extended their contracts, just not sure when each run out 😳 (which means I can’t remember) 🥴
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:30 am He is contracted until 2023, but I’m sure the club will re-sign Morgan, great young player. Watched him coming thru the academies. He is only going to get better & better & only turns 22 in November 😊
Matt Peet will lead Wigan Warriors next season and he has a squad which is largely committed beyond the end of 2022 already.

All six of their new signings in the off-season were given identical-length contracts of two years with the option for a third, with only John Bateman and Harry Smith confirmed to be in place for another three years.

Among the crop yet to extend beyond next year are some big names through, including *Liam Farrell and almost all of the Warriors spine in *Jai Field, *Bevan French, Zak Hardaker, Thomas Leuluai and Sam Powell.

Here’s when every senior player’s contract is set to expire…

Jake Bibby, *Liam Farrell, *Jai Field, *Bevan French, Zak Hardaker (option until 2023), *Ethan Havard (option until 2023), Thomas Leuluai, *Sam Powell.

*Liam Byrne, Cade Cust (option until 2024), Kaide Ellis (option until 2024), Willie Isa, Patrick Mago (option until 2024),* Liam Marshall (option until 2024), Abbas Miski (option until 2024), Oliver Partington, Kai Pearce-Paul, Ramon Silva (option until 2024), Brad Singleton, Morgan Smithies, Iain Thornley (option until 2024).

John Bateman (option until 2025), Harry Smith.

Undisclosed

Sam Halsall, Umyla Hanley, James McDonnell, Brad O’Neill, Joe Shorrocks.

https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... -runs-out/
This is from the start of 2022

*I’m sure the starred players have already extended their contracts, just not sure when each run out 😳 (which means I can’t remember) 🥴
Join my club lol . We al suffer from DOB :D
2002 and EW is hooked
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:13 am Time to extend his contract.
Keeping havard is some of the bets business we could have done. It’s obvious he’s gonna be one of the best props itl and we need to start keeping these types of players and building around him like saints have done with Roby walmsley lomax makinson all over the years
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Hope they do been very good this season cut out a lot of the daft stuff. He's got a great engine good D and started to look hard to put down his leg drive after contact massively improved.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He should have the 13 shirt, he is a brilliant loose forward & his preferred position, he played there all his academy days.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:59 am He should have the 13 shirt, he is a brilliant loose forward & his preferred position, he played there all his academy days.
I know he's not got the shirt"yet" but if he stays long term he will, he plays there most games.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He''ll be best 13 since Andy Farrell :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:12 pm He''ll be best 13 since Andy Farrell :D
Don’t try & wind me up!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:31 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:12 pm He''ll be best 13 since Andy Farrell :D
Don’t try & wind me up!
Sorry