Floodlights cost

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Floodlights cost

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:09 pm It's blows my mind that anyone can think footballer deserve their wages it's gross over inflation of worth.

I'd rather the doctors and nurses on standby at matches be paid those figures.
Me too!
They should be in the hospitals not the DW. Whatever happened to the St John's staff who I grew up with at Central Park??
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

moto748 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:14 am I'll say this about that issue: footballers get stick about being overpaid, and logically, rightly so, they earn ridiculous money. And yet, at least footballers have a rare skill, that is worth whatever the market thinks it's worth. The world is full of fools with no discernable talent whatsoever, from Ant and Dec to Boris Johnson. And big (and much less successful) sportsmen like golfers don't seem to attract the same levels of opprobrium.
Totally agree with this

Yes what they earn is astronomical but its not like footballers all gathered around and said "we should earn this much" - they earn that much because they have a specific talent. Its no different than a painter selling a piece for x million. If there wasnt a talent to it then everyone would do it, but they cant only a few can.

The earnings against other professions is a reflection on society or we the people. The people make footballers earn what they do by buying tickets and shirts and watching matches.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
culinator

Post by culinator »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:22 pm
moto748 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:14 am I'll say this about that issue: footballers get stick about being overpaid, and logically, rightly so, they earn ridiculous money. And yet, at least footballers have a rare skill, that is worth whatever the market thinks it's worth. The world is full of fools with no discernable talent whatsoever, from Ant and Dec to Boris Johnson. And big (and much less successful) sportsmen like golfers don't seem to attract the same levels of opprobrium.
Totally agree with this

Yes what they earn is astronomical but its not like footballers all gathered around and said "we should earn this much" - they earn that much because they have a specific talent. Its no different than a painter selling a piece for x million. If there wasnt a talent to it then everyone would do it, but they cant only a few can.

The earnings against other professions is a reflection on society or we the people. The people make footballers earn what they do by buying tickets and shirts and watching matches.

This is Totally correct, i think though there is a threshold that people will stop paying over, that will be a big wake up call for the sport i fear, although i know a lot of the bigger clubs make money from cooperate seats so they may ride some of it out
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I note that wigan athletic have parted company with their manager something very wrong in paradise
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

What's the cost to sit in the East stand, row G, seat 131, that's smack bang on halfway and was my seat until we left then compared to the same seat at the football, our top earner is (Bateman or is it French now?), then their top earner on what?, I'm presuming it's costs more to watch the football than rugby, so my question is would you pay more as in my opinion rugby players be it for Wigan or Bramley deserve every penny they should get and it's not enough at the moment when you consider Andy Farrell signed a 5 year deal about 20 years ago for £1 million that's £200k a year 20 years ago, if I remember correctly Rads in his book says he got the same deal as Andy Farrell too, (if my mind's not playing tricks on me he said Dave Whelan treated it like a business deal on the day of the meeting and it was life changing for Rads?) summats wrong somewhere.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

kitt green warriors wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:08 am What's the cost to sit in the East stand, row G, seat 131, that's smack bang on halfway and was my seat until we left then compared to the same seat at the football, our top earner is (Bateman or is it French now?), then their top earner on what?, I'm presuming it's costs more to watch the football than rugby, so my question is would you pay more as in my opinion rugby players be it for Wigan or Bramley deserve every penny they should get and it's not enough at the moment when you consider Andy Farrell signed a 5 year deal about 20 years ago for £1 million that's £200k a year 20 years ago, if I remember correctly Rads in his book says he got the same deal as Andy Farrell too, (if my mind's not playing tricks on me he said Dave Whelan treated it like a business deal on the day of the meeting and it was life changing for Rads?) summats wrong somewhere.
The problem is threefold.

*the RFL
*media always pushing union over league
*the UKs obsession with football.

The amount of money in in football is obscene, this isn't a bash of it, I hate watching it but enjoy playing it. However when a season ticket for Wigan Athletic is 400 pounds a year people are going to have to make a choice between which sport they support financially.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:25 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:09 pm It's blows my mind that anyone can think footballer deserve their wages it's gross over inflation of worth.

I'd rather the doctors and nurses on standby at matches be paid those figures.
Me too!
They should be in the hospitals not the DW. Whatever happened to the St John's staff who I grew up with at Central Park??

All St John Ambulance attend all Wigan Warriors games 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:26 am I note that wigan athletic have parted company with their manager something very wrong in paradise
I sit in row D 137 which is bang on the halfway line in the East Stand it’s an end of the row seat For me it’s £135 for the season but I’m over 65😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:26 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:26 am I note that wigan athletic have parted company with their manager something very wrong in paradise
I sit in row D 137 which is bang on the halfway line in the East Stand it’s an end of the row seat For me it’s £135 for the season but I’m over 65😊
Latics season tickets for 2022/23 but they have 23 home games compared to our 12-13
https://wiganathletic.com/tickets/2022- ... n-tickets