Floodlights cost

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dreamteam

Re: Floodlights cost

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:55 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:21 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:35 am Plus Latics players on £100,000 + a week!!! We are lucky if a rugby player gets that for a full season!

Bloody nancy boys 🤨
Bloody hell not sure about 100 k a week 😂😂
Hey I’ve heard quite a lot these past few days. And that was the lower amount! 🤨
Think Andy Robertson isn’t even on that I’d be a bit concerned if there paying this Callum Lang 100 k a week 😂. Either way they had the highest wage bill in league 1 last year. Not spent anything this year. Up the tics cmon !!! 😂😂
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:35 am Plus Latics players on £100,000 + a week!!! We are lucky if a rugby player gets that for a full season!

Bloody nancy boys 🤨
That will not be true.

They won't have anybody even above £50k per week.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:03 pm

Hey I’ve heard quite a lot these past few days. And that was the lower amount! 🤨
Think Andy Robertson isn’t even on that I’d be a bit concerned if there paying this Callum Lang 100 k a week 😂. Either way they had the highest wage bill in league 1 last year. Not spent anything this year. Up the tics cmon !!! 😂😂
Shows why they went belly up though if they are paying players anywhere near that amount but sadly sport is littered with chances like this pay over the odds in the hope of getting higher rewards
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:26 pm

Bloody nancy boys 🤨
That will not be true.

They won't have anybody even above £50k per week.
Considering they didn’t sign anyone on a transfer fee this summer I’d be surprised if they have anyone above 20 k. The squad is probably littered with players all earning very good money for league 1 which is now translated into good money for the championship
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:52 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:03 pm

Shows why they went belly up though if they are paying players anywhere near that amount but sadly sport is littered with chances like this pay over the odds in the hope of getting higher rewards
Hopefully we don’t attempt to rescue them this time. They haven’t learned their lessons but the fans are still falling for the same excuse the ceo gave them the other 2 times when they missed payments. It’s virtually impossible for clubs outside the prem to be in the profit unless you’re a big club like Sunderland Shef united ect with big fanbases
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:03 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:07 am not sure what the issue is here - its a post grabbed from a forum its not a statement from the latics

Obviously lighting/heating bills will have to be looked at for ROI of running a stadium - the real issue for Wigan (both) is crowds aren't particularly great for either sport right now and are only likely to get worse and with the stadium being large in comparison to most that's felt even more.

Whether we like it or not (personally i have no axe to grind with the latics) they are the only club out the two of us who could bring in bigger crowds. If they were back in the premiership im not saying it would be sold out but you would see a bigger average crowd their premier league years was a 18601 average (source https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wigan-a ... erein/1071) but looking at if they were to be relegated again their league 1 crowds are around half that, their championship crowds hover around 12k

our attendances last year were ~12k making us the 2nd highest in the league but still on just above half the capacity of the stadium itself

whichever way you cut it the stadium only makes sense with Latics in the premier league outside of that its probably a bit of a money pit both clubs could do without
Not one team visiting the dw this season has brought less than 500 away fans. Preston brought over 4 k. They get boosted by the fact that football fans in the champ above travel very well. Even latics fans will tell u at games this season there’s been 7 k home fans at best.
Devils advocate though does that matter? - money is money regardless
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:03 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:07 am not sure what the issue is here - its a post grabbed from a forum its not a statement from the latics

Obviously lighting/heating bills will have to be looked at for ROI of running a stadium - the real issue for Wigan (both) is crowds aren't particularly great for either sport right now and are only likely to get worse and with the stadium being large in comparison to most that's felt even more.

Whether we like it or not (personally i have no axe to grind with the latics) they are the only club out the two of us who could bring in bigger crowds. If they were back in the premiership im not saying it would be sold out but you would see a bigger average crowd their premier league years was a 18601 average (source https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wigan-a ... erein/1071) but looking at if they were to be relegated again their league 1 crowds are around half that, their championship crowds hover around 12k

our attendances last year were ~12k making us the 2nd highest in the league but still on just above half the capacity of the stadium itself

whichever way you cut it the stadium only makes sense with Latics in the premier league outside of that its probably a bit of a money pit both clubs could do without
Not one team visiting the dw this season has brought less than 500 away fans. Preston brought over 4 k. They get boosted by the fact that football fans in the champ above travel very well. Even latics fans will tell u at games this season there’s been 7 k home fans at best.
Its true, income is income.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:03 pm

They’re only fooling themselves tho. Both clubs get wrapped for poor attendances. Our problem is slightly different to latics. When latics go down again home attendances will drop again and they won’t get the away attendance boost. As for the money boost if you ask latics fans they’ll have u believe they’ve got the richest owners in the efl.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

The last full soccer match I watched was the 1966 World Cup Final, and I don't have any interest at all in the sport. I've heard the silly money paid to premier League players, but was amazed a few years ago when Mrs Morley was watching Come Dine With Me.

It was from the Stoke area and the guests arrived at a big detached house with a Porsche on the drive. They asked the female host if it was her husband's. She said it was hers, and that she didn't have a job, her husband bought it for her.

"So what does your husband do?"

"He's a footballer for . . . Port Vale."

Port Vale!!!

Unbelievable what these people earn!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Tbf, morley, the modern game is a million miles away from 1966, and the best players now are superbly skilled. That said, I have nowhere near with interest on football that I had as a young man. We have the greatest game right here, and the WC should be a celebration of that.