Wigan’s 150th Year book

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan’s 150th Year book

Post by josie andrews »

150th Year book released and available to buy now HERE.

200-page book celebrates Club’s 150th Year anniversary.

Book launched ahead of 150th Year fireworks night at Robin Park Arena which concludes the Club’s anniversary celebrations.

Wigan Warriors are pleased to announce a special 200-page book commemorating the Club’s 150th Year anniversary is available to buy now.

Named “Making Memories”, the A4 paperback book has been produced in 2022 and celebrates 150 years of Wigan Warriors.

There are 50 limited edition copies available that are signed by Wigan legend, Billy Boston, who features on the front cover. Please note that the signed copies will only be available to buy in-Store in-person at Robin Park Arena from 9am on Saturday 5th November and will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Written era-by-era from 1872 to 2022, the book journeys through the highs and lows of the Club’s history, on and off the field.

Lavishly illustrated with hundreds of stunning pictures from the archives, it also includes rare insights from many of those who helped write Wigan Warriors’ colourful history.

The book has been launched ahead of the final event of the Club’s 150th Year – the fireworks extravaganza at Robin Park Arena on Sunday 6th November. Read more HERE.

Executive Director, Kris Radlinski, said: “This is an essential read for any Wigan Warriors fan. We really have been spoilt over the years with some memorable matches, moments and players.

“This book captures the history of the Club superbly. I found myself deeply engrossed as I relived my childhood memories from watching Wigan and then playing for the Club.

“I would also like to pay special tribute to Phil Wilkinson, Tom McCooey, David Kuzio and Keith Sutch for the hours of research and commitment that has gone into the book. Steve Hurst has also invested many hours designing the layout and look of the book.”

A copy of the book costs £19.50 and is available to buy online HERE and will be available in-Store at Robin Park Arena from 9am on Saturday 5th November.

Fans will also be able to get their copies signed by the writers on Sunday 6th November at the fireworks event.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/11/ ... year-book/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan