Happy Birthday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Happy Birthday

Post by josie andrews »

๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฎ ๐™—๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ช๐™จ!

โค๏ธ 150 years ago today, Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club was founded!

๐ŸŽ‰ What a 150 years it has been?

what are your highlights over the years?

https://twitter.com/wiganwarriorsrl/sta ... 86592?s=12
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Gerrumonside

Re: Happy Birthday

Post by Gerrumonside »

Wow 150 years young and still going strong! Happy Birthday Wigan!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan v hull kr cc semi springs to mindโ€ฆโ€ฆ westy going full length and setting up stephensonโ€ฆโ€ฆ i was only a kid at my biggest ever game and the atmosphere was electric
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

3 that always bring us a smile are

Neil Cowie drop goal (even Matty Elliot enjoyed it)
Henry Paul length of the field drop out try against Saints
Kelvin Skerrett's Superman impression during a fight
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Nice one sir! I am truly amazed that the Henry Paul try doesn't get shown more - I've never seen anything remotely like it.

And just to be controversial - that Joel Tomkins try at Wembley where I was sat (well, standing as he took off) right behind him. Maybe also, Sam's try at The Stoop where he planted his feet in the field of play - reached over the line to grab the kick and then proceeded to beat virtually every player on the Broncos side as he went 60/70 metres to score.

But mostly the way that the team at the end the matches go over to talk to fans, pose for pictures and prove that RL is still the best game in town.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Southern Softy wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:51 am Nice one sir! I am truly amazed that the Henry Paul try doesn't get shown more - I've never seen anything remotely like it.

And just to be controversial - that Joel Tomkins try at Wembley where I was sat (well, standing as he took off) right behind him. Maybe also, Sam's try at The Stoop where he planted his feet in the field of play - reached over the line to grab the kick and then proceeded to beat virtually every player on the Broncos side as he went 60/70 metres to score.

But mostly the way that the team at the end the matches go over to talk to fans, pose for pictures and prove that RL is still the best game in town.
at least 5 yards offside :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 am
Southern Softy wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:51 am Nice one sir! I am truly amazed that the Henry Paul try doesn't get shown more - I've never seen anything remotely like it.

But it was against Saints so it doesn't count :D
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Are we talking about the same try? The one Meds was describing and I remember was where Henry Paul dropped out from under our posts - the wind pushed the ball back to him and he then went the length of the field to score. How do you get to be offside from your own drop out?
jobo

Post by jobo »

pedro wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 am

That's what made it so much sweeter ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Southern Softy wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:53 am Are we talking about the same try? The one Meds was describing and I remember was where Henry Paul dropped out from under our posts - the wind pushed the ball back to him and he then went the length of the field to score. How do you get to be offside from your own drop out?
Think it was Rads or Faz who kicked, Henry set off slightly offside, the ball bounced in between Sonny Nickle and maybe Prescott, Henry then ran between them collecting the ball and scoring, or at least that's how I remember it, was an excellent try :D