Warriors receive least amount of penalties in season 2022

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Flash

Re: Warriors receive least amount of penalties in season 2022

Post by Flash »

medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:22 pm Proof at last that Lockers was a penalty machine, since his retirement the amount of penalties given has declined
Proof at last, if we needed any more proof, that you're always wrong when it comes to Lockers, Meds ;)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:15 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:22 pm Proof at last that Lockers was a penalty machine, since his retirement the amount of penalties given has declined
Proof at last, if we needed any more proof, that you're always wrong when it comes to Lockers, Meds ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: at least I'm consistent ;) :D
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Flash wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:54 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:28 pm
Flash wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:58 am Clearly all the same teams that everyone else plays suddenly become squeaky clean when they play Wigan :roll:
What is means is that Wigan had the least penalties given against them last season I.e. were the most disciplined team, Toulouse gave away most penalties.
It's penalties awarded Brian
No it's penalties given against, Wigan conceded less than any other team. It's badly written.

Here are the full team stats for 2022.
Just click on the P in the right hand column.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

No straw damn us wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:25 pm
Flash wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:54 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:28 pm

What is means is that Wigan had the least penalties given against them last season I.e. were the most disciplined team, Toulouse gave away most penalties.
It's penalties awarded Brian
No it's penalties given against, Wigan conceded less than any other team. It's badly written.

Here are the full team stats for 2022.
Just click on the P in the right hand column.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats
The table isn't clear as to what it means either, the key just says P Penalties, compare that with the other stats it could mean number of Penalties received (or gained) as T Tries would be Tries received (or scored)?
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Honestly, it's really not that difficult to grasp. The figures I shared show the amount of penalties each team received. It has nothing to do with penalties given away i. e. Indiscipline. It clearly shows that Wigan were awarded the least amount of penalties therefore making their achievements be even greater. Could also show a lack of referee willingness to "assist" Wigan compared to other teams. Also may be because certain teams like to harass the referee's into making decions go in their favour.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've seen it argued both ways in the past as to what the penalty stats mean. A definitive statement from SL would be helpful.