Pearce-Paul to leave Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Pearce-Paul to leave Wigan

Post by Caboosegg »

He's hardly going to say he hates it with a season left. Can't begrudge someone going as money talks but the rubbish we are spouted bugs me.

In short he's developed at wigan and left us as he's due to hit his prime.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:40 pm He's hardly going to say he hates it with a season left. Can't begrudge someone going as money talks but the rubbish we are spouted bugs me.

What rubbish specifically?

I see no rubbish from KPP or Wigan.

KPP - Came to Wigan, thanks for the opportunity and trust, had a great time, wants to go NRL

Wigan - We are disappointed, we took a risk, we developed him, we offered him a good contract but his priorities take him elsewhere
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:40 pm He's hardly going to say he hates it with a season left. Can't begrudge someone going as money talks but the rubbish we are spouted bugs me.

I’m of the school of,thought once you’ve agreed a deal you go I don’t like this I’m staying for a season nonsense,never have,never will..but he came to Wigan from London broncos to up his game he did so and is now moving on to up his game some more in the NRL,I’ve no problem with it,Wigan was used as a stepping stone and that’s fine.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Its just the standard comments from players these days, some mean it some don't, I know for a fact he wanted to go end of this year but Wigan couldn't agree a deal & rightly so stuck to their guns. KPP said from the off he'd be respectful, but deep down he doesn't want to be here this year, we'll see how professional he is once the season starts.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Good luck to him.
Just hope Wigan are planning ahead with losing KPP the end of 2023, Nicholson and McDonnell already gone, and potentially losing Bateman.
Faz is 32 next year and Isa will surely be leaving.
Looking very weak in the second row in the coming year or two
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:19 pm

What rubbish specifically?

I see no rubbish from KPP or Wigan.

KPP - Came to Wigan, thanks for the opportunity and trust, had a great time, wants to go NRL

Wigan - We are disappointed, we took a risk, we developed him, we offered him a good contract but his priorities take him elsewhere
I don't begrudge the guy just personally don't fully believe these statements anymore.

Sam T latest media article just reinforces my personal opinion on them.

He was so sad to be leaving at the time but is now one of his regrets/mistakes that he ever returned.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Good luck to him but just hope that by keeping him for only one season it doesn’t cause up and coming players to leave.
Do we still get a transfer fee ?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:01 pm
Don't be surprised if we see Thornily appear there for a few games early season. He's no Gary Mercer I know but he could be suited to second row.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

bill.inger wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:44 pm
Don't be surprised if we see Thornily appear there for a few games early season. He's no Gary Mercer I know but he could be suited to second row.
Heard it all now.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:10 pm
bill.inger wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:44 pm
Heard it all now.
Yeah sorry bill.inger but I’m with Nathan.
We shouldn’t be looking at Thornley as a back up in the back row, we need proper second rows.
The only time you should look at playing someone out of position is if there’s a lot of injuries in that area, not for having enough of them. Recruitment is key