Wigan Warriors star returns from injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors star returns from injury

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors looked to be on a collision course with St Helens in the battle for Super League glory.

The Warriors lifted the Challenge Cup in May and were unbeaten at home heading into the play-offs but were stunned by Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium thanks to a try from Jarrod O’Connor and a brace from James Bentley.

However, things were made tougher on the Warriors by some injuries.

Key player Bevan French limped off during the semi-final after picking up an injury.

Exacerbating this was the sending off of John Bateman after a late hit on former Canberra Raiders teammate Aidan Sezer.

But their problems started when Liam Farrell was forced off injured against St Helens in what many felt was a dress rehearsal for the Grand Final at the DW Stadium.

It was soon revealed that his Super League season was over and with it his chances of playing in the Rugby League World Cup for England under his former Wigan coach Shaun Wane.

However, the backrow is back from his injury and training with the Warriors ahead of 2023 as they look to end a five year wait for Grand Final glory hoping to end rivals St Helens’ monopoly over Super League glory.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... ury-64108/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Warriors star returns from injury

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:31 am Wigan Warriors looked to be on a collision course with St Helens in the battle for Super League glory.

The Warriors lifted the Challenge Cup in May and were unbeaten at home heading into the play-offs but were stunned by Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium thanks to a try from Jarrod O’Connor and a brace from James Bentley.

Key player Bevan French limped off during the semi-final after picking up an injury.

Exacerbating this was the sending off of John Bateman after a late hit on former Canberra Raiders teammate Aidan Sezer.

But their problems started when Liam Farrell was forced off injured against St Helens in what many felt was a dress rehearsal for the Grand Final at the DW Stadium.

It was soon revealed that his Super League season was over and with it his chances of playing in the Rugby League World Cup for England under his former Wigan coach Shaun Wane.

However, the backrow is back from his injury and training with the Warriors ahead of 2023 as they look to end a five year wait for Grand Final glory hoping to end rivals St Helens’ monopoly over Super League glory.

He was in club shop when i bought grandaughters shirts josie…… is was with a young player( not sure who he was), but he was a big lad and looked like a sizey second rower
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:03 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:31 am Wigan Warriors looked to be on a collision course with St Helens in the battle for Super League glory.

He was in club shop when i bought grandaughters shirts josie…… is was with a young player( not sure who he was), but he was a big lad and looked like a sizey second rower
Was it not his brother?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

It really is silly season for RL press. A total non-story, stretched out to total the right number of words.

Did I ever tell you about our pet tortoise, Eric?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:43 pm It really is silly season for RL press. A total non-story, stretched out to total the right number of words.

Did I ever tell you about our pet tortoise, Eric?
Did Eric play on the wing Morley? :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Was it not his brother?
Dunno whats his first name?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:11 am
Was it not his brother?
Connor. He's at Bradford now. He's around 6'1
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Was it not his brother?
Are you meaning Liam Farrell’s brother? Didn’t think Connor Farrell is that tall, but not seen him since he was a kid in the academy, must have had a growth spurt 😊
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:03 pm

Was it not his brother?
Are you meaning Liam Farrell’s brother? Didn’t think Connor Farrell is that tall, but not seen him since he was a kid in the academy, must have had a growth spurt 😊
It wasnt connor josie….. i just presumed liam had another brother when you said that……he was wearing wigan training stuff
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:21 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:03 pm

It wasnt connor josie….. i just presumed liam had another brother when you said that……he was wearing wigan training stuff
Don’t know then sorry 😳