Silly Ticket Prices For 2023?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bob the Builder

Silly Ticket Prices For 2023?

Post by Bob the Builder »

It looks like adult tickets are £30 each in the East stand for 2023. How much were they last year? Wasn't it £26. It seems like only yesterday I was paying £20. Slowly creeping up to match football prices. Not too sure these are family friendly prices. And that is before I get ripped off with the extortionate prices of a pie and a pint. That is of course if you can actually get served without missing most of the match, for which I've paid £30 to listen to the crowd whilst in a horrendous queue being served by kids slower than snails. Roll on next season, eh?
josie andrews

Re: Silly Ticket Prices For 2023?

Post by josie andrews »

You are complaining about Wigan Warriors ticket prices for a seat in a covered stadium of £30 for general sale.

Last season we paid £25 to stand uncovered with restricted view at Wakefield!!

Leeds tickets for an adult standing in an uncovered stand is £24 for 2023.

I don’t think our prices are too bad. Perhaps it would serve you better to get a season ticket?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Re: Silly Ticket Prices For 2023?

Post by AndyNick »

It was £30 in the East stand last year (or it was for the seats next to my season ticket anyway) reduced to £28 if you've got a Loyal 18 membership.

Whilst I agree that the price has crept up over the last couple of seasons, RL is still very reasonably priced compared to other sports. There are some Championship Football clubs who are charging £35+. At Sale Sharks its £28 to stand behind the posts, £36 to sit in the East Stand and £42 in the West Stand. I would point out that Sale are one of the cheaper teams to watch in the Premiership as well. At Harlequins many tickets are £50+

Sadly inflation has taken its toll on us as well but when compared to fans of other sport we're not in the worst place. I think where we have seen a steep increase is for the showpiece events (CC Final/Grand Final) where tickets that were once £20 are now nearer £40.