New Wigan Captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
andystreacle19

New Wigan Captain

Post by andystreacle19 »

Liam Farrell. Announced tonight.
CheshireWarrior

Re: New Wigan Captain

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Fully deserved! Should have got it straight after SOL! Nice one Faz....ultimate professional!
Ggtt11

Post by Ggtt11 »

This was the big announcement coming out of wigan.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Fully deserved, a true professional and a great player.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:28 pm Fully deserved, a true professional and a great player.
I forgot to add, a great guy as well.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Well deserved
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Farrell named Club Captain

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that Liam Farrell is the new Club Captain.

Farrell is a one-Club man having completed 13 seasons with the Warriors and winning 11 major honours.

A Wigan St Patricks junior, Farrell joined Wigan’s Academy and he has gone on to play for his hometown Club 321 times, scoring 130 tries.

Making his try-scoring debut as an interchange against Wakefield in April 2010, Farrell earned the heritage Number 1017. Since then, the second rower has had a glittering career – winning all there is to claim in the domestic game, including one World Club Challenge, four Super League Grand Finals, three Challenge Cups and three League Leaders’ Shields.

The England international is also a Harry Sunderland Trophy winner and has been named in the Super League Dream Team five times.

Now Club Captain, Farrell will lead the Warriors in 2023 and beyond.

“Every little boy in Wigan dreams of being named Wigan Warriors Captain” Farrell said, “Words can’t justify how proud I am.”

He added: “The 2023 season is around the corner and I can’t wait to get on the field with the team and play in front of the Wigan fans and represent the town as Captain.”

Wigan Warriors Chairman, Ian Lenegan, commented: “Liam Farrell has been an exceptional player for Wigan for 13 seasons and I feel sure he will go on to be an exceptional captain, following in the footsteps of Sean O’Loughlin, Tommy Leuluai and a long line of illustrious Wigan Captains.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/12/ ... b-captain/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

No complaints from me.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Great Appointment
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Best choice easily….. shudda been captain last season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE